aberdeen-music

Jo McCafferty: Live at the Moorings CD

jester1470

On Thursday the 16th June Jo will be playing her first Aberdeen concert in over 6 months at the Moorings to appropriately enough launch her Live at the Moorings CD. This is an acoustic album fully recorded on the Moorings superb system and mixed by MTA. The set is made up primarily of Radiaxial and Papercuts and Lime material and will be a budget release through Jo's Neosome Music label at 5. The disc will also be available via her website on www.jomccafferty.com

For anyone interestedis hearing more of Jo's stuff check out: http://www.jomccafferty.com/sounds.htm

The album is fully acoustic and is a stop gap between 'Papercuts and Lime' and the new band album 'Overtaking on the Bend' which will hopefully be available next year.

Hope to see some of you there, its a rare chance to see one of Aberdeen's best singer/songwriters.

This show is also a warm up for Jo's appearance at the Keith Chaos Festival on the 18th June, and is her first headlining show this year when she has played to around 20,000 people as support to Midge Ure.

Hope to see some of you there :)

Cheers

Stuart

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually i was told off' date=' apparently its called 'Overtaking on [i']A bend'.In fact if you listen carefully on the CD you actually hear Hog shouting from the crowd ;)

So it's Jo plus a cameo from Hog ;)

Cheers

Stuart

Thats really going to help sell the release :laughing:

• 1 month later...
I'll miss it sadly' date=' I arrive up on Friday morning![/quote']

Ah well you'll get the chance to see her and JY and the Bluetones at the Saturday at the Keith Chaos Live show, hope you've bought your tickets, if not get them now www.thebooth.co.uk . There are a few Marillion/Fish fans alumni coming up including the legendary Taff and Gordie - who have been temoterd up by the lure of Jo and Emma's new band, should be a good day out. If you see me running about on the day grab me and i'll direct you to Taff etc if you havent met him,

Cheers

Stuart

am not going to make the keith gig :(

going to the beladrum one tho :)

if am back from inverness on time ill be at the moorings will be the first ime ive ever seen jo

so hopefully i can make it :)

for any note the tonics are playing cafe drummonds on friday the 17th (cheap plug sorry!)

with........i think............. the bombskare ska band (very varied night all round :) )

am not going to make the keith gig :(

going to the beladrum one tho :)

if am back from inverness on time ill be at the moorings will be the first ime ive ever seen jo

so hopefully i can make it :)

for any note the tonics are playing cafe drummonds on friday the 17th (cheap plug sorry!)

with........i think............. the bombskare ska band (very varied night all round :) )

Well hopefully see you then, shame you can't make keith it'll be a great day out, we need more people from Aberdeen to come up the response has been terrible from here, there'll be some good music, good beer and good fun, come on people get your tickets, 20 plus booking fee from One Up, there'll be camping for people who want to camp at only a fiver a night,

Cheers

Stuart

Guest Laura@TMB

Really looking forward to this gig and to hearing Jo again. This recording has been my most listened to CD of this year so far- great songs and a fantastic voice. I went out and bought Papercuts & Lime on the strength of it, and I have to say that I prefer the "raw" quality of Jo's voice on the live recording to that done in the studio.

I'm assuming CDs will be available to buy on the night ? If so, I'm gonna need 5 copies anyway, so please bring plenty with you Stuart/ Jo ;):love:

Really looking forward to this gig and to hearing Jo again. This recording has been my most listened to CD of this year so far- great songs and a fantastic voice. I went out and bought Papercuts & Lime on the strength of it' date=' and I have to say that I prefer the "raw" quality of Jo's voice on the live recording to that done in the studio.

I'm assuming CDs will be available to buy on the night ? If so, I'm gonna need 5 copies anyway, so please bring plenty with you Stuart/ Jo ;):love:[/quote']

There will indeed be lots of Cds available on the night, and for a discount one off (well 2 off, if you count Keith Chaos) price of a fiver, and i also spoke to Flash today about the Moorings having a stock to sell, the price for those will be decided by Flash.

Cheers

Stuart

What time is Jo playing cos I have band practice

I'm not sure, Emma's on first, I'd guess she's on about 8.30-9.00ish or 9-9.30ish, being that Jo'll need to eat etc as she doesnt arrive until 6.30 at the airport, so I'd guess Jo will be either 9.30-10.30 or 10-11 depends on what Flash wants and what makes the most sense...

Cheers

Stuart