aberdeen-music

Tempercalm Gig Tonight At Tunnels

psydoll

Not a storming turnout for this one but I had a good time and so can't complain too much :)

A Bittersweet Moment - Quite enjoyable. A good enough performance from these guys playing screamoesque sorta stuff. A little bit 'seen it all before' I guess is the main complaint for me although they injected enough ideas into each song to not sound like one track rehashed all the way through which is a good sign. Perhaps a little work on the singing parts of the vocals is required as well.

Small Enclosed Area - Get better every time I see them. When I next have spare cash I shall be requiring an EP and potentially a t-shirt sirs. Great song structures that feel like they've had a decent amount of work put into them and keep you guessing, atmospheric buildups and they look like they're enjoying themselves up there. The Tunnels seemed to really suit them as a venue.

Tempercalm - Good performance from these guys but it was always going to seem a bit flatter than SEA for me I think. Technical hitches marred one of the songs a bit but otherwise a good, energetic set. All in all a band I wouldn't shy from checking out again.

a bittersweet momnet- why the fook didn't they look at the crowd AT ALL? god no wonder everyone ignored them. i don't pay money to get ignored! grrr apart fro mthat they were good.

They must have been taking tips from Small Enclosed Area!

Now look what you've done guys...

They must have been taking tips from Small Enclosed Area!

Now look what you've done guys...

I'm taking you to people's court Adam. you can expect a bill for 847.26p of lost future earnings....

We had a really good time at this gig, it was always going to be a struggle competing against the champions league semi's, and that awkward time in uni schedules, but for those who were there we thank you so much, and hope you enjoyed yourselves immensly.

We played quite a lot of new material, that has been re-re-re- and re-written over the past month, and we all left the gig feeling quite positive about how it went down.

Many thanks again

all at SEA x

Also P.S Adam, didn't have time to find out about Clutch tickets today, but i have the whole day to check tomoro, so expect a PM

the best thing about this show was every band was so different from one another, felt abit sorry for the open air guitarist who sat the last song out due to breaking strings, the tempercalm guys were really nice, they offered to take me to portlethen eithen though they were staying in aberdeen that night

Guest stuartmaxwell
felt abit sorry for the open air guitarist who sat the last song out due to breaking strings

dont give him sympathy, his band name is shite and its his fault for not bringing spares or a 2nd guitar

(the exact thing happened to me once in a band with a shite name)

dont give him sympathy' date=' his band name is shite and its his fault for not bringing spares or a 2nd guitar

(the exact thing happened to me once in a band with a shite name)[/quote']

How dare you!! His string snapped half way through our LAST song, but we still had the professionalism to carry on and finish the set!! As for our name, do you think we give a fuck what you think of our name?! It just shows what a narrow minded person you are if you judge a band on its name, rather on its musical prowess! :nono:

Guest stuartmaxwell

why what are you going to do? punch me? ha ha ha

i live in glasgow mate, i dont do many gigs in abdn. but when i do i hope you will be in the front row.

why what are you going to do? punch me? ha ha ha

i live in glasgow mate' date=' i dont do many gigs in abdn. but when i do i hope you will be in the front row.[/quote']

Oi nob 'ed! Ive come across you before and to be really honest, your a fuckin gob shite who has far to much to say for his own good, and at the same time is absolute bollox with no real substance at all. Your not a music critic. Your Stuart fuckin Maxwell. Who the hell do you think you are? Not some ace music critic anyway. Like any one really takes notice of what you actually say anyway. I know im not the only one who thinks this. through private messages with people I know people think your an absolute twat and are sick of the pointless, stupid crap you come out with. These boards were not made to come on and slander people and put people down, to further better your own self esteem or gain some scene points. And as for our band name whats yours? The gofones? That name is shite! Get a fuckin life you sad bastard. And as for our music, if you dont like it, dont listen to it... Cause there is plenty of people that do!

Get the message mate? If its not and clear I can spell it out to you!

I know your probably gonna try and come back with some half witted cheeky response, but dont bother, cause it just looks like shit anyway!

And as for inviting my bassist tot he front row, I dont think you really know what your dealing with pal.

Take care shit for brains!

seriously stewart, what you said about steven snapping his guitar strings was right out of order! There was no need for you to comment on it whatsoever, you werent even there so you have no idea how the guys played. Considering the amount of time that it would have taken for the band to stop, steven to restring his guitar, and finish the song, the next band could have probably been setting up! i think it was good of steven to use his common sense and just sit it out.

also, as Gary said, if you dont like their music then dont listen to it. simple as.

I loved the gig. Dont think the second band was really my thing, i really enjoyed small enclosed area and the last band were sounding really good but unfortunatly i had to go catch the bus

Guest stuartmaxwell
I know im not the only one who thinks this. through private messages with people I know people think your an absolute twat and are sick of the pointless' date=' stupid crap you come out with. [/quote']

im honoured that you have taken the time out to pm about me

Dah Greet min, dont take life so seriously, looks like i have crossed the line though, are you going to set your pm buddies on me??

im losing sleep already :down:

Guest stuartmaxwell
seriously stewart' date=' what you said about steven snapping his guitar strings was right out of order! There was no need for you to comment on it whatsoever, you werent even there so you have no idea how the guys played. Considering the amount of time that it would have taken for the band to stop, steven to restring his guitar, and finish the song, the next band could have probably been setting up! i think it was good of steven to use his common sense and just sit it out.

also, as Gary said, if you dont like their music then dont listen to it. simple as.

[/quote']

to be honest, i was just having a bit of fun, tongue in cheek really. if i had known it would upset them this much i wouldnt have bothered, as gary mentioned nobody listens to what i say anyway (he said this after he threw his toys out of the pram)

I dont listen to their music, as you will have seen i didnt mention their music until he questioned me about it, i am way too busy listening to lots of other music to waste my time with open air. its good that you are sticking up for your mates band though.

you are all a shower of shite

goodbye

xxxx

seriously stewart' date=' what you said about steven snapping his guitar strings was right out of order![/quote']

to be fair he had a valid point. he could have been a bit more subtle, but if a band wants to seem professional they should take a spare guitar. even if the string snapped on their last song don't they want their last song to be the one that finishes the set with a bang? It should be the one no-one fucks up, everyone rocks out, the crowd go mental and are left with that as their lasting impression of your band. Much better than gamely carrying on while your guitarist sits by the side of the stage feeling sorry for himself.

Now this isn't me having a go at Open Air, I wasn't at the gig and haven't heard you. Just me commenting on something most bands should do without thinking if they want to play every gig as well as they can.

As for Maxi and Open Air, please keep the personal arguments and bitching to PMs.

I'd also remind people that threats of violence are against the forum rules which everyone agreed to when they joined this site.

Guest stuartmaxwell
Oi nob 'ed! Ive come across you before and to be really honest' date=' your a fuckin gob shite who has far to much to say for his own good, and at the same time is absolute bollox with no real substance at all. Your not a music critic. Your Stuart fuckin Maxwell. Who the hell do you think you are? Not some ace music critic anyway. Like any one really takes notice of what you actually say anyway. I know im not the only one who thinks this. through private messages with people I know people think your an absolute twat and are sick of the pointless, stupid crap you come out with. These boards were not made to come on and slander people and put people down, to further better your own self esteem or gain some scene points. And as for our band name whats yours? The gofones? That name is shite! Get a fuckin life you sad bastard. And as for our music, if you dont like it, dont listen to it... Cause there is plenty of people that do!

Get the message mate? If its not and clear I can spell it out to you!

I know your probably gonna try and come back with some half witted cheeky response, but dont bother, cause it just looks like shit anyway!

And as for inviting my bassist tot he front row, I dont think you really know what your dealing with pal.

Take care shit for brains![/quote']

honestly, i just had to read that again.

it so funny.

few other points,

i am aint actually in guts on fire i am just jealous of them and their talents

i get asked to write articles for lots of zines so i must have some kind of substance

who knows?

Bit late but still...

Open Air were good, you can see their growing confidence in the smiles after finishing a song. Would be good to see Gary pulling some aerial acrobatics though - move around a bit more! However I will openly admit that the solo at the ed of From This Day had my hair on end, it was goooooood.

TBM - really I ought to have enjoyed them cause they have a sound similar to some of the music I enjoy but I think it's been overdone and TBM are no exception. Some good ideas and enjoyable moments but nothing special. Good to watch but they need to find their own nich.

SEA - fantastic. Used to hate 'em but I think I'd label them the best band in Aberdeen nowadays. Everyone said it and they're right - the buildups, OH the buildups. Awesome. SEA have their own thing going on and it's genuinely refreshing to hear fluid vocals on top of brilliantly experimental guitars and perfectly accompanying drums. Little Urban Achiever is one hell of a song. I'll see you guys again.

Tempercalm - caught the first song only due to the buses so figure it'd be unfair to give opinion. Sounded good though, a little Biffy in there I think.