aberdeen-music

New Pope is Elected....

HeinzHines

I know Hog' date=' fucks sake, anyone would think the AIDS crisis in Africa was fucking important or something... o_O[/quote']

Oh, its an important issue don't get me wrong, it just gets frustarting reading the same snipes over and over again. When the old pope died instead of showing a little human decency (as you yourself did if I remember rightly), Hog proceded to try and blame all of Africas problems on one man - I don't see how anyone can blame the church for AIDS. I mean for fucks sake. Its a DISEASE... in a lot of ways its nobodys fault, but if you are going to lay the blame (which in this case I don't myself) then as nasty as it sounds it comes down to those that know they are a risk yet continue to have sex. The main problem with Africa is simply the lack of education about the problem, something which correct me if I'm wrong the catholic church trys to help wherever it can - even though they discourage the use of condoms. And hey you know what? Its part of their belief that condoms are wrong, and in a lot of ways I almost agree with them. But anyway regardless of wether people agree with them or not it is THEIR beliefs and they have every right to them and to express them. Now Mr. Tanned, I'm well aware that you think of me as a bit of a nazi - now if even I agree its their right to have their beliefs, surely you can understand that too?

Just because a man has a different belief to you shouldnt overshadow his achievements in life, and certainly should not make his death a chance for a few good snipes. Its pretty sickening to be honest. But anyway when all that past and the argument should be over, a new pope is elected and wow, suddenly Hog decides this new man (who he knows jack shit about I'm willing to bet) is plotting to kill all africans, I mean atleast give the man a chance. Plus all that aside you are forgetting that the pope merely represents the church, not dictates over it, its hardly fair to blame him for everything. But hey, people always have to vilanise someone dont they? Oooho big bad George Bush - well hey, you know what? Yeah America are being fuckups, but George has bugger all power really, hes not the man to blame, its the entire gouverment - hes only as face to an ideal bascially. Infact throughout history theres always been one man vilanised to represent a concept. Hitler was the face of nazism, people like Stalin the face of communism etc etc.

Anyway, I stray from the point. Let sleeping dogs lie with the old pope, and give the new one a bloody chance before passing judgement. Normally I'm the 'nazi' here, so if I'm arguing for freedom of beliefs something has to be wrong!

He also predicted that there would be only 2 popes following John Paul II (same as Malachy predicted) and that after this would be Doomsday' date=' some form of Apocalypse. Perhaps not the end of the world but some very significant change...[/color']

It's surely only a matter of time before the Catholic Church folds in on itself? That'd surely be the end of the world from their view...

But anyway, where did the "following John Paul II" come from? Do these predictions mention him in some unmistakable way?

Chances are he predicted many things correctly... but I bet he got alot of things wrong too ;)

How many of those predictions can be understood before the event?

In 2029 ( I think... around then) there is an asteroid which may, or may not hit the earth... too early to tell.

Now, this pope will be gone in 10 years max, so the way it looks is that the second pope after J.P v2 (yeah...) will be the one being all pope-like around that time. Makes sense.

as nasty as it sounds it comes down to those that know they are a risk yet continue to have sex. The main problem with Africa is simply the lack of education about the problem' date=' something which correct me if I'm wrong the catholic church trys to help wherever it can - even though they discourage the use of condoms.

[/quote']

Is that not a total contradiction? Saying that people know the risks but continue to have sex? Mr Tristen do you know how poor some of the African countries are? Sex Education is hardly provided when people can barely find their next meal!

The Catholic church do a lot of good, Im not denying that. Although, discouraging the use of condoms in areas where people dont realise that they can get HIV by having sex is not very clever. Of course abstaining is the best option but well, not everyone is a Catholic.

This is not an idealistic world, people fuck, end of story.

So far the new Pope seems similar to the last one. Whether thats a good or bad thing is up to the individual. I have read up about him and IMHO, he has some really good ideas and some really draconian ones.

It's surely only a matter of time before the Catholic Church folds in on itself? That'd surely be the end of the world from their view...

But anyway' date=' where did the "following John Paul II" come from? Do these predictions mention him in some unmistakable way?

[/quote']

Naw when I said "following John Paul II" I meant following the pope/power he described that most believe was John Paul II, like I said in my post both Malachy and Nostradamus pretty predicted the appointment of John Paul II, I just said "following John Paul II" to save typing it all out again.

How many of those predictions can be understood before the event?

Very true :)

In 2029 ( I think... around then) there is an asteroid which may' date=' or may not hit the earth... too early to tell.

Now, this pope will be gone in 10 years max, so the way it looks is that the second pope after J.P v2 (yeah...) will be the one being all pope-like around that time. Makes sense.[/quote']

who was watchin richard n judy yesterday then :D

scary thought tho..