aberdeen-music

The Editors

lava p.

What was wrong with Tuesday night's set? o_O

You did say I wouldn't like it - and you were correct! After hearing some of the music I didn't have the balls to ask for "Death Disco"

But ultimately Exodus got unexpected exposure in that Editors were indeed within!

I thought they were really good. I prefer them so much more to Bloc Party now. They've got a bit of energy and intensity' date=' stylistically they are quite intriguing and "Bullets" was stunning. Plus they are quite humble. Speaking to the bassist in TK's was quite funny, he was pissed off at how the Departure have "have been together 6 months and are now signed to Parlophone". But they all seemed decent people. Although obviously less than enamoured by Dave's Tuesday night set. The lovely Christine chasing after the drummer too

who is also in Interpol[/quote']

I don't see why you keep making comparisons with Bloc Party there a bit angular and thats about all they have in common. They were indeed very nice fellows indeed and the lead singer's favourite band is REM so he will no doubt have been pleased with Dave playing "It's the End of the World...". And the drummer looked less like Carlos and more like the gay son of a minister.

editors...

I thought they were pretty damn good.Sounded quite like what I expected but better I think.They did sound a bit like Interpol but you could tell there was a fair bit more influences than just that.Just wish Id had mula to buy a t-shirt!

T'was good gig for us to get as it let quite a few people see us who havent before.Had good feedback so far.We wpuld have been in attendance had even if not playing so it worked out good for us that way too.

Big cheers to anyone who listened to us and also Lava Paul for giving us the slot.

I don't see why you keep making comparisons with Bloc Party there a bit angular and thats about all they have in common. They were indeed very nice fellows indeed and the lead singer's favourite band is REM so he will no doubt have been pleased with Dave playing "It's the End of the World...". And the drummer looked less like Carlos and more like the gay son of a minister.

It is pretty damn obvious the stylistic influences of both and they are very comparable - but Kele's voice is annoying me too much at the moment.

It is pretty damn obvious the stylistic influences of both and they are very comparable - but Kele's voice is annoying me too much at the moment.

I know what you mean.I go through phases with that Bloc Party album.

Saw them at Lemon Tree and didnt think that much to be honest, then started to like them on record.

Got a copy of the album and hardly listened to it.I get a day where I think its quality and then the next I have to turn it off after a wee while or find the need to flick through it.

I think its just his voice sounds like a yelp sometimes but then the rest of the musicianship is pretty strong esp drumming and guitar playing!

Thats one thing the editors had similar to bloc party.Pretty good dynamics as a band.Lead Guitarist was pretty good with his use of effects.I liked the fact he didnt overplay, he would drop in for like an intro then out for a verse and then dissapear for a bit then come back in for chorus.Drummer was tight as fuck aswell.

i really enjoyed bloc party when they played lemontree and i like there album as well. i have recently gone off then a bit tho. i think its probally just because they have been overplayed. i cant really see any comparisons musically that bloc party and the editors have. Really liked the guitar the lead guitarist had. I noticed that the singers guitar could hardly be heard which made for a better effect for the lead guitar.

There are bloody hundreds of bands right now you could compare them to in that case. On the scale of things they really don't sound like Bloc Party that much.