aberdeen-music

Anyone work for BT?

Afro Droid

I worked for them a few years back when Directory Enquiries was still part of the Aberdeen offices. One of the worst jobs imaginable, marginally better if you were employed by BT than Manpower.

Call centres just don't work. They are a step backwards in a supposedly civilised society. Why do we try to educated more and more people only to provide even more mind-numbling jobs that don't even have the benefit of exercise involved? National Rail Enquiries is the worst for me at present: the call centre seems to have been moved to somewhere on a different continent because no one can speak English too well or even seems to know the basics of train travel. That's a job where a degree of instinct is required: with the current operators they have no ability to suggest alternative routes/ cheaper methods of travelling. Call centres are fucking exasperating...see, look at the state I've got myself in just thinking about them!

They cannot possibly, conceivably in any way shape or form be worse than the bunch of Northern Irish CHARLATANS that run their BT Mobile helpdesk. 2 and a half months after my SIM card fucked up and I *still* can't send text messages, despite at least 2 phone calls a week. And this after it took them three weeks to get it so I could make calls from the phone, another fortnight before I could receive texts....

I used to work for BT on the service desk (before it was taken over by HP and moved to India)

I have to disagree about call centres not working. Last company i worked for in the call centre the customers really enjoyed speaking to us. I suppose its all in the training and ethics you are taught

National Rail Enquiries is the worst for me at present: the call centre seems to have been moved to somewhere on a different continent because no one can speak English too well or even seems to know the basics of train travel.

Last time i called that number they told me that Keith does not exist and the Aberdeen-Inverness train was running fine through the snow. It wasn't. Whats the point of an information line that gives you wrong info? I was so angry I stubbed my toe on a plant pot on the platform. grrrrrr