aberdeen-music

moorings

julia

Moorings was rough last night.

anyone notice how thew crowd started getting smaller about 10:30??

thats cos me, Flash, Pete and Frank were stealing kids and lockign them downstairs till the gig was finished. we then locked all the doors and started attacking, beating and delivering nastiness to all those that were kidnapped.

If you're missing a friend, we probably have them locked in a box.

Moorings was rough last night.

anyone notice how thew crowd started getting smaller about 10:30??

thats cos me' date=' Flash, Pete and Frank were stealing kids and lockign them downstairs till the gig was finished. we then locked all the doors and started attacking, beating and delivering nastiness to all those that were kidnapped.

If you're missing a friend, we probably have them locked in a box.[/quote']

Yep, Moorings lock-ins can indeed get pretty rough. It's the whole ethos behind the place- I heard that the bar staff get paid in rape and torture, and I hear it's a good hourly rate!

I also hear that the Moorings Snuff Tapes will be on sale behind the bar?

Best pub in Britain and not rough at all. Very friendly and takes its music seriously but nothing else. Certainly not rough in the sense that you'd get a kicking in there. It ain't Aitchies. Or The Broadsword.

Or The Hen Hoose.

Or The Clifton Bar.

Or The Seaton Arms.

I agree. I've been going to this bar for 15 years and I've never seen a fight here - apart from a certain DJ smacking his girlfriend once - that was many years ago. A few of you oldies will recognise this m.o. But seriously when I tell people I go to the Moorings and some folk are like 'OOOH The Moorings - isn't it rough down there' I just feel my hackles rise and get really protective and start telling them all the good things about the place. It is the only bar that I feel comfortable walking into on my own, the bar staff are really cool & friendly and the customers are out of this world - friendly, courteous & polite, a good sense of humour and a good dress sense LOL. It is guaranteed that you can go there and have a good drink and a laugh and hear decent music. Best pub in Scotland!!

Spot on. As a certain Scottish novel says "I swung the door a The Moorings open. The place had a safe embrace li yer best pal and always made ya realise how lucky yare ta have it in ya life. The jukebox was playing Pallas li a fanfare ta welcome ma back. Scattered about the bar were musical people. That was why the place existed and thats why people came: because people do listen ta music north a Barrowlands." :cheers:

Guest Jake Wifebeater

The Moorings has an exotic retro arcade machine, which has Hyper Sports on it. This alone should convince you of the place's intrinsic worth. Now, if I could only master that fucking vaulting horse.

The Moorings has an exotic retro arcade machine' date=' which has Hyper Sports on it. This alone should convince you of the place's intrinsic worth. Now, if I could only master that fucking vaulting horse.[/quote']

Hahahahahaha!!! I fucking hear ya on that one!!! Many a quid I've lost (and after doing so fucking well at the skeet aswell!)

Nothing like a bit of button bashing though, get a Napalm Death song in your head and hammer away :D

Why is it like 1 a game as well :nono:

That boozer is just down the road from me' date=' if I was a double-hard bastard, it'd be my local.[/quote']

Unfortunately you're a bit late for the Towers, that was a regular haunt for me and my mates when we were about 17, complete opposite of the broadsword!! Pint of heavy, "towers toastie", darts'n'domino's, no one else under 60 :D

I think the last time I was in the Broadsword I was 9 and was helping a friend carry his paralytically drunk dad home...