aberdeen-music

At Long Last

Jason

Seriously though' date=' the first song I am not sure about. I think after its mixed I will like it much more.

The second song is far better although I would say the vocals do not sound as good on these as they are live.[/quote']

Thanks Camie :up:

I agree that the vocals are the weakest part of the recordings but it was something we struggled with - it's hard to sing in a room by yourself, the energy isnt quite there like it is when you are performing live.

Come see us on Sunday 17th April with Quik / PMX and Dirtbox

it's hard to sing in a room by yourself' date=' the energy isnt quite there like it is when you are performing live.[/quote']

You may feel a bit like a twat doing it....but everyone in a band has to at some point...just get on with it and care not how much of a fool you look!...thats what i do....and it makes you feel much less of a twat and gets things done....

Guest stuartmaxwell
You may feel a bit like a twat doing it....but everyone in a band has to at some point...just get on with it and care not how much of a fool you look!...thats what i do....and it makes you feel much less of a twat and gets things done....

you look a bigger fool when people hear the recording :p

joke

i look forward to playing a show with project ven hell on monday 25th april in glasgow

you will hate us :)

Guest stuartmaxwell

nope

morse code is for amatuers (my glasgow two piece guitar/drums act similar to part chimp/macrocosmica etc) and project ven hell will be playing with the wonderful wall street ammunition hero

mental fun

you almost make it sound like i play in loads of bands??? i joined reasons are red briefly but i was shite and got kicked out :p

Guest stuartmaxwell

we played our first shows in edinburgh and dundee in march

"review" of our first gig (edinburgh) show can be found below

"Morse Code...were really quite good. They had similarities to YouthMovie Soundtrack Strategies and Shellac (2 bands I really 'dig') and the drummer was amazing! Really cool and collected band. The guitarist had a spazzy leg and you couldn't hear his vocals/screaming very well but still, a good set! Lovely pauses in the music too. Claimed we were the best crowd they'd ever had..."

we dont use microphones for the vocals, we prefer to shout at roofs and ceilings.

Bloody RUINING Jason's thread here, boys!

I like the songs, yeah. But I'll be agreeing about the vocals, sounds a bit too Yankie at the start of Blood Lust, I'll be looking forward to the next recording oh aye. Baby Ben's sounding nice on the ol' kit. Much prefer the live show indeed. Looking forward to Sunday for sure.