aberdeen-music

Observations about the scene

Hog

Good Points- There are a select few who give a shit about music and nothing else

Some folk actually stay for the whole gig

Sometimes a select few check out gigs that are different to their genre

Bad- Selfish people who are like "listen to my demo" but dont give a fuck about anyone else (even although the person always makes an effort to check out their songs)

Please add............

I could give names lol :rockon:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i tend to be a bit guilty of being close-minded about music which really isn't that good. ha.

generally i tend to stay for the entire gig because i paid to get in initially. i.e the moorings next saturday - YES I SHALL BE STAYING TO WATCH SPD, HOG ;) obviously that's because i love you, not because i happen to be going to the moorings anyway... ;)

i tend to be a bit guilty of being close-minded about music which really isn't that good. ha.

generally i tend to stay for the entire gig because i paid to get in initially. i.e the moorings next saturday - YES I SHALL BE STAYING TO WATCH SPD' date=' HOG ;) obviously that's because i love you, not because i happen to be going to the moorings anyway... ;)[/quote']

Your exempt, because your cool

SPD, well, if you like us, ace, if you dont, were on for a short time, if your unsure, go and listen to a scene band :D

Guest stuartmaxwell

go and check out the ineteresting music nights

all the sceners stay away. plus you hear creative, interesting music that is pushing boundaries.

the scene just seems to be popo punk/emocore/popular people rather than about music

Guest stuartmaxwell

ooooh who are you talking about?

if you have one before the end of may give me a shout and morse codee is for amatuers could be up for it

two piece, onslaught of noise, fat riffs, pounding drums. a la part chimp, lightning bolt, macrocosmica

And about the scene

Should we use 'seen' instead? The so called scene should go shove it's head up it's appropriate space and leave music alone for those that give a shit, which should be everyone! Far too many people miss out on great experiences because they are typing away on these bloody things with fat opinions on everything but little understanding of anything!!!!!!!!!! The folk that care, well you know who you are and will most likely ignore this as you should. I'm off to leave well enough alone and put my typing energy into something creative and supporting those that 'do'!

GOODBYE from Jim

Guest Main Agent

mmm, tasty scene !

Good Points: You can save money on soap, you dont need to waste time on washing your arse, just being part of the scene guarantees that someone will lick it for you :)

Bad Points: Oh, I cant really think of any off hand, Im much to busy being creative ;)

The whole 'scene' arguement is a bit of a joke, its a way of people fueling their paranoia as much as I can see: "oh you're a scene band, thats the only reason people come" - which is crap. If you're good and put on an interesting night, and market it well, then people will come, if you rely on the whole 'scene' thing then you're going to inevitably end up in trouble. There are people on here who make the whole 'scene' thing a big issue as if it matters - what defines a 'scene' gig ? This website isnt the scene, its a way of people finding out musically whats going on in Aberdeen, people have made it a whole scapegoat, in reality people will do what they've always done, they'll go to gigs to hear the bands they like and meet up ith their friends. A gigs a social event, is there one person on here thats never gone to a gig as an excuse to meet mates, not listen to who's playing, it's not always about music. People will, at the end of the day go to the gigs they want to, and go to the gigs their mates are going to, they wont go because they see it as a 'scene' gig. Theres no point in thinking it will everbe anything else, it's not a scene thing.

I think that on these boards anyone who actually does well is suddenly announced to be 'scene' because people go to their gigs, thats crap, they're just hitting a chord with someone, MMw are no more a scene band than Jo, or the Video's, they just attract fans who happen to be on here or not. People going to a gig doesnt make them 'scene'. I recently got accused of being a 'scenester' despite only going deliberately to one gig this year that was nothing to do with Jo or Emma, not sure how that followed.

The question should be 'Observations about this board', there isnt a music scene, if there is it encompasses every band that gets anyone to their gigs.

Cheers

Stuart

Another point!

If a band tries to create a hype' date=' i.e. The recent Maple thread, [b']they get malled, which is a tad unfair.

Is that the American equivalent of the time that I waited in the Bon Accord centre until Neil Ex walked past and then dropped an egg on his head from the first floor?

' date=' there isnt a music scene, if there is it encompasses every band that gets anyone to their gigs.

Yep, thats who Im referring too. :cheers:[/quote']

Well then its too wide to get any specific comments on, from Gerry Jablonski to Kathryn Sawyers, from MMw to the Simon Gall Band, imusic will just attract people who it attracts, theres no hard and fast rule for people in general.

Cheers

Stuart

Well then its too wide to get any specific comments on' date=' from Gerry Jablonski to Kathryn Sawyers, from MMw to the Simon Gall Band, imusic will just attract people who it attracts, theres no hard and fast rule for people in general.

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

True. Im referring to certain bands. Im not going to name them cos Im not that cruel but perhaps rightly or wrongly just referred to them as scene. Aberdeen bands may be a better name Mr Jester :cheers: