aberdeen-music

mike patton in the wire

lepeep

I have only just started getting into Pattons music' date=' holy shit he is ace. Any recommendations Mr Lepeep?[/quote']

I'm not lepeep, but my personal faves are:

Fantomas - The Directors Cut (Film themes, mostly horrors/thrillers, done in the Fantomas style. Awesome)

Fantomas - Delerium Cordia (Single 74 minute track that is sort of the soundtrack to a horror surgery)

Tomahawk - Mit Gas (My favourite album of the past couple of years. Not as hard & heavy as Fantomas mind. The drums and bass are sort of... Drum & bass like. Ahem.)

The Dillinger Escape Plan feat. Mike Patton - Irony Is A Dead Scene EP (I personally think this is the best thing DEP have done and it's one of Patton's best efforts too)

Mr. Bungle - Mr. Bungle (Lovely mix of metal and ska with some comedy lyrics thrown in)

Faith No More - Angel Dust & Album Of The Year (I'm sure you've heard FNM already)

There's also stuff like Malador which is just Patton making noises with a mike and Pranzo Oltranzista which is sort of an orchastration based around restaurant noises... the man churns out albums like nothing else.

Excellent (surgeon breezblock)...thanks for the link.

as for Patton reccomendations, pretty much as Hummer has.

my faves:

mr bungle (disco volante & california)

fantomas (epy, no singing, pretty mad and disjointed, but amazing).

handsome boy modeling school (only on a few tracks)

dillinger ep (especially the come to daddy cover..amazing!)

check out the bungle website for samples etc

http://www.bunglefever.com/

seems like Kmart has hit Gold with the Bug...

a name drop, Simon (mothboy) has been speaking to Kmart in some London Clubs, who knows, we might have a kmart / mothboy collab soon....

did anyone go see the 65 days of static gig ? (sorry, someone probably posted a review..I should go look).

edit,

I've just been sent this Link, for a new mothboy tune you can download

http://www.ren-ga.com/index2.html

follow the links if it's not the right page...MOTHBOY

I really like Mike Patton' date=' but Fantomas are pretty shit really. Can't say it 'hits the spot' at all.[/quote']

Ahh, but what Fantomas stuff have you heard? Admittedly, I've never really taken to the debut as much as other Patton stuff, but The Director's Cut is fantastic, and one day I lay in my bed with a hangover listening to Delirium Cordia and it made me realise how utterly genius-like it is. Very much an album you need to concentrate on, with no background noise. And the track I've heard from their new album was absolutely brilliant.

However, if you've heard those two albums and don't like them, then fair enough.