• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stuartmaxwell

likely story shazula

this is a fucking ace line up

i will be at the glasgow one for sure

shame i couldnt be in abdn

and to confirm

65daysofstatic did move me lik eno band has before, the best live show i have seen.

yes

This will be the first band I'll be seeing this year and its all thanks to you guys and your constant plugs....I'm interested in seeing if this band lives up to the hype.

Also taking a few too.

(not Birdman)

na we've just been honest, based on what a good lot of people thought about their very 1st appearance in Scotland. Their second ever Scottish date is Aberdeen this Wednesday.

Here's the HYPE or is it????????

Released last September, The Fall of Math became one of the most acclaimed debuts of last year. Topping many critics lists and gaining a sizeable and rapidly-growing set of devotees, it received praise across the board from the likes of Radio 1 and NME to Kerrang and Rock Sound. As well as being Radio 1 single of the week in November for Zane Lowes Evening Session (for Retreat! Retreat!), the band were also a favorite of the late John Peel, belatedly recording a session for his show towards the end of last year.

The 65DaysOfStatic sound is certainly difficult to categorize; indeed, few bands can claim adoration from such a wide range of sources. Its a sound where guitars as ear-meltingly loud as they are soothing stand alongside a percussive force of live and computerized D n B-esque beats. A sound encompassing every instrument from strings to glockenspiels to electronic samples; a marriage of post-rock and electronica that is ambitious and unique but never pretentious or inaccessible. Its seen the band compared to acts as disparate as Mogwai, Kraftwerk, Radiohead and Aphex Twin, all revered artists at opposite poles of the music spectrum.*

In a musical climate obsessed with the past, heres a band that look more toward a future of infinite possibilities. 65DaysOfStatic dont want to be the sound of now or 30 years ago, theyre too excited about whats ahead to think about staying still, 65hardcorerules.*

Here's the Quotes

"65DaysOfStatic, however, genuinely seem intent on gatecrashing a genre and redefining its boundaries. Their knack of infusing levitating Mogwai-esque ambience with skittish breakbeats is truly without precedent. The Fall of Math is a cold, compelling, carefully crafted nightmare of a record that has the potential to turn your blood to vodka if you listen to it on a bad day"*

Kerrang KKKK

"The most life-affirming four minutes of rock music that you'll encounter this week".

NME

"It took Radiohead three albums to become this adventurous. Instead of sounding like some scrappy, mix-genre soundclash, 65DaysOfStatic take your preconceptions and smash them into a million pieces.* Go home, take your safe indie-punk records and burn them. 65DaysOfStatic have their heads in 2007 and everyone else is thirty years behind...Magnificent. It's clear that 'The Fall of Math' was created to worship the beauty of music."

Simon Smerdon- Playlouder

" 65DaysOfStatic have won tonights 'Fresh Meat' with a phenomenal response!!... truly deserved. This band are gonna be massive and we're proud to be there along side them." Zane Lowe, Radio One Evening Session

"A big, brooding piece of work..."

Steve Lamacq- Radio One Lamacq Live

"We've got to the point now where we can confidently say if the music is coming at you, then just stop what you're doing, go without food, walk barefoot over glass and just move heaven and earth to get it. Now we were expecting good things (we've told you about 65Days before) and it comes as no surprise that The Fall of Math is THRILLINGLY BRILLIANT..... I'm not sure if we were expecting so much warmth, depth and sheer emotion. So much restrained emotional all encompassing power here, they'll install a beak in your heart." - Organ - Album Of The Week

"That The Fall Of Math, as an album, can retain the dynamics, fraught tension and climactic explosiveness of it's peers and influences, whilst still sounding like one of the most urgent and direct long player releases of the year, is worth of our praise indeed. Further artillery against the argument that music isn't exciting at the moment. Like music? Go fetch"*

Drowned in Sound