aberdeen-music

soundcards

Daniel

m-audio stuff is pants.

Not true,having used both the Delta 44 and the 1010, both are high quality, easy to use PCI audio cards, whether you get an audio card or a soundcard depends if you need midi playback on the card (ie GM compatibility). Never used their USB or Firewire devices though, SOS seems to rate them.

Guest lime ruined my life

m audio is good.

emu is good also, but has less i/o's dont they?

the sampler emulated card is supposed to be very good.

that's all there is to it.

Whats you budget ?

How many simultaneous ins/outs you need ?

Do you need spdif/toslink/wordclock ?

What multitrack are you giving up on ?

At the budget end of the market the Emu cards are very good - m-audio stuff is pants.

its a fostex mr-8, im not giving up on it, i just want a top notch sounding home recording

well, if other people are having problems with m-audio stuff then all i can say is - it must be other hardware - so get a mac or a mackie!

i've had my delta 66 a year now running under linux, i have zero latency hardware monitoring and 11ms software monitoring, can't complain about the drivers, and for windows users, drivers are supposed to be great - but then i've done my homework on IRQ placings and shuffled PCI cards around to give the delta a low IRQ number. hardware combinations are typically what fucks PCs for home recording, i.e. too many PCI cards, things interfering with signals, etc..

i bought m-audio for the decent breakout box and zero latency hardware monitoring, those were my needs at the time.

I have never had any driver issues with the 44 or the 1010, we've used it to record 5 tracks at once and everything was sound. But thats not to say there could not be incompatibility issues, but the 44 on my PC is still running in ME, and the 1010 works fine with XP. Without a doubt though I'm sure the EMU range is quality as well, they did pretty much invent sampling, with Fairlight of course.

well' date=' if other people are having problems with m-audio stuff then all i can say is - it must be other hardware - so get a mac or a mackie!

[/quote']

I had just as much problem under OS9/OSX as I did under Win98/XP

I know a few folk who are currently having issues with the 410.

I'm currently using MOTU hardware and its reasonably good.

If you've got the budget, seriously consider going for anything in the RME range.

I have never had any driver issues with the 44 or the 1010' date=' we've used it to record 5 tracks at once and everything was sound. But thats not to say there could not be incompatibility issues, but the 44 on my PC is still running in ME, and the 1010 works fine with XP. Without a doubt though I'm sure the EMU range is quality as well, they did pretty much invent sampling, with Fairlight of course.[/quote']

Close... Fairlight invented the Fairlight CMI, EMU invented the Emulator range..

Retails at $700 I think...havent bothered looking for a uk supplier yet...

UK resellers http://www.handinhand.uk.net/Pages/PresonusStores.htm

489 from Dolphin' date=' looks pretty good value. It been gettig reasonably good reviews.

[url']http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/page/shop/flypage/product_id/3852/category_id/aa5045ac8dbda1110af5783d9c9b8f89

• 3 weeks later...