aberdeen-music

Anyone going in for T-break this year?

Afro Droid

Guest stuartmaxwell

t break is a joke.

they make all of these good bands audition for it then, choose a couple

then they give shite bands automatic slots

degrassi??josephine?? both have played more than once...

ah yes it must be summer, the old t break debate comes up again! when i went to the aberdeen heat in 2001 - the line up was ace and included both driveblind and nero and it was pretty packed in kef (or lava as it was then known).

i can see both sides of the arguement - a lot of bands snub it because they dont see it as a worthwhile exercise which is a fair point - i've heard all sorts of rumours about how bands have been treated like shite, hassles with sound engineers and it not being a pleasant experience at all...

on the other hand your band if accepted gets to play a gig at either the liquid rooms or king tuts (assuming they're using the venues for the heats again) which are near on impossible to get gigs at - i believe they pay your expenses and chuck in some free beer and your not under any pressure to bring a crowd with you which more often than not is the case if your doing a gig in the central belt. if successful you get to play the festival, get some more free beer and get into the festival for free - where's the harm in that? all good decent experience (whether good or bad!) for a band i think.

but dont be fooled into thinking playing t break will in any shape or form help your band on the path to fame and fortune (if thats your thing!), in the general scheme of things it doesnt seem to hold much clout.

Guest Cowboy Dan

I went to a T Break heat down at King Tuts 2 years ago because Alyssa's Wish were playing. The order got drawn they were on last so we had to wait around and see some of the most horrible, coma-inducingly awful indie bands ever. Then Alyssa's Wish came on, playing a completely different style from the rest of the bands and blew everyone away, and of course they went on to play TITP.

The moral of the story is, you don't have to be a shite indie band like AKA the Fox to win.

Guest Zeenat Aman

Lotsa bands from the central belt seem to be so up themselves, tis nice when a band from the ol' deen gives em a musical thrashing!

Will aka the fox be putting some music online anytime soon?

Lotsa bands from the central belt seem to be so up themselves' date=' tis nice when a band from the ol' deen gives em a musical thrashing!

Will aka the fox be putting some music online anytime soon?[/quote']

Soonish, need to raise some funds so that the site will look good, our current site is a domain name reserver, but we need something smart.