aberdeen-music

punk of various varieties 9th Jan

kirkt

good for nothing? promotions presents...

QUIK: hard edged skate punk www.quikonline.co.uk

TEARJERK: fast melodic hardcore www.tear-jerk.com

STATE OF AFFAIRS: young punks from Fife who are very much influenced by Misfits and AFI www.stateofaffairs.tk

BROKEN SUNSHINE: Aberdeen's latest all girl band return to Drakes with more melodic pop punk

@ Drakes, 9/1/03

8pm 3 door tax

Guest highroller
Originally posted by kirkt:

how come Bens replies have mysteriously disappeared? :O...same with his grudge match stuff on the Quik forum...crazy

I took it down Kirk cos i realised that it wasnt cool! I wasnt being nasty but I was trying to make it have an event style feel and attract more attention and crowd interest. The thing is it would probably have been taken wrong by EVERYONE so I got rid of it!!

Cant wait though, Quik set is looking good!

fair enough, i never thought you was bein nasty and stuff...it was attracting attention but hey i guess many people might have taken it wrong so fair doos....should be an ace night tho! and i wasnt sposed to use an embarassed smiley back there...it went a bit wrong

Guest highroller

Sorry dude I think Tooms should dj this one!!

Kirk is that cool! Sharon or whoever can you note this for now if you see it b4 Kirk! Id really like Tomms to dj at this one!! Hes the perfect dj for this night....bar none....hes better than even DJ skatepunk for this nite...hehhehehehe!!

*bumpity bump*

lookin forward to seeng the beautifull people of Aberdeen again :D

kirk - grossi, dunc and me shud be there for 6 with D`s amp. Gain and Ting dont finish work till 5.30ish so they`ll be through for about 7. but like i said we aint desperate to soundcheck so its c00l

c ya`s then

Guest highroller

It was awesome!! Of course there was a good atmosphere...always is at Quik gigs!!

Broken Sunshine - Couldnt believe that was only their second gig!! I liked them and once they have more confidence and some better tunes they will be pretty cool! Thought the vocal harmonies were spot on!!

State Of Affairs - Woah!! Good band! Three singers, all rad at playing as well, awesome drummer! Really energetic band! I think there was a slight lack of songs though!

Tearjerk - Fucking hell have they changed!! Really enjoyed the set! Tight as fuck band, new drummer really helps things! Baz is a great frontman!! I really enjoyed them.

Quik - Well a few people said that was the best Quik gig they have seen in a while. I have to agree although not the tightest we have played there was the all important "vibe!" To be honest i normally hate playing drakes (as a drummer) but had fun!! It was awesome to see all the usual Quik crowd! I think we went well down after Tearjerk as they are VERY fast and are more about aggression than melody! I think we are good on a bill together as we both mix aggression and melody in different ways.

Special thanks to Kirk for putting it on...good to meet you at last.

Gumpy and Bob who both had other commitments but rushed down to see our set...cheers dudes...I did notice!!

...Oh and Claires crew for the bit of Amy's birthday cake which had i not had i would've not lasted the whole set!