aberdeen-music

The Needles

HummerOfIntenseEvil

the needles are responsible for me being in a band.

the needles are awesome. the needles are the greatest rock n roll show this city has ever seen' date=' goddamn yea!! if we could put on half the show the needles put on i'd be a happy man. and they write better pop songs than us too. pop genius i tell you.

i didn't even know they were playing last night. shitbags. :([/quote']

No offence to you, because i like Dedalus, but if you don't think you are better than the bloody Needles you should just give up making music now.

No offence to you' date=' because i like Dedalus, but if you don't think you are better than the bloody Needles you should just give up making music now.[/quote']

although dave can speak for himself, allow me the pleasure anyway. I don't think (with regards to my brother anyway) it's so much a case of not believing his band are better than the needles. I know he has a lot of belief in Dedalus and their songs. But with regards to the Needles, he's a fan. Has been for years. They were his first local band love (well them and lift) and as such they're on a pedestal way up high alongside his other favourite bands.

You can be a huge fan of your own band and love the music, but you will ALWAYS spot all the little flaws and weaknesses in your own band that means you will never think of yourself as matching the bands you love. You can come close but the fact is you don't put yourself on that pedestal.

although dave can speak for himself' date=' allow me the pleasure anyway. I don't think (with regards to my brother anyway) it's so much a case of not believing his band are better than the needles. I know he has a lot of belief in Dedalus and their songs. But with regards to the Needles, he's a fan. Has been for years. They were his first local band love (well them and lift) and as such they're on a pedestal way up high alongside his other favourite bands.

You can be a huge fan of your own band and love the music, but you will ALWAYS spot all the little flaws and weaknesses in your own band that means you will never think of yourself as matching the bands you love. You can come close but the fact is you don't put yourself on that pedestal.[/quote']

EXACTLY, just like sum 41 want to be metalica and mest want to be good charlotte, the needles are natoinally respected and have toured the world and have had plenty air play

although dave can speak for himself' date=' allow me the pleasure anyway. I don't think (with regards to my brother anyway) it's so much a case of not believing his band are better than the needles. I know he has a lot of belief in Dedalus and their songs. But with regards to the Needles, he's a fan. Has been for years. They were his first local band love (well them and lift) and as such they're on a pedestal way up high alongside his other favourite bands.

You can be a huge fan of your own band and love the music, but you will ALWAYS spot all the little flaws and weaknesses in your own band that means you will never think of yourself as matching the bands you love. You can come close but the fact is you don't put yourself on that pedestal.[/quote']

The thing is that if you see the flaws you can sort them out and make your own band almost flawless (not possible in reality really). I don't think it's universally true that everyone thinks of their own band as not matching those bands they love.

holy shit' date=' i broadly agree with the G bloke. aye needles are okay, bit like maple in the sacred cow stakes round here.[/quote']

aye but...

they are ''serious'' therefor we shitheads must ''respect''

regardless of thinking they sound more and more like a Butlins Bruce Springsteen every time we see em (most poeople will think thats a fantastic accolade Im sure)

rocked so hard he broke a string!!!

My God! Let's roll out the red carpet shall we?

well ya see, it doesnt happen that much at unplugged, cos people only ever really play nice happy-strummy-la-di-da tunes, so like, it was a pretty big deal.....anyway, hes a very cool guy, we enjoyed it very much