aberdeen-music

student meals

Guest valley69

i think the best and healthiest suggestion is probably the soup one so far.

asda do a mean frozen chicken korma for 1.75 and it's dead tasty.

super noodle sandwhiches were a treat for me when i was a student the first time round. and i used to buy those large bags of generic sausages in the freezer compartments of supermarkets for like 2 quid for 20 sausages and have them with chips. don't really recommend that though, it's pure fat. supermarket budget brand beans and some bread could be a winner. can you still get a big tin for like 17p? could do two servings i guess.

or buy some basmati rice and some pilau seasoning and get a really big tasty loaf like a ciabatta orsomething and scoop it all up. that could keep you going for a while. houmous and bread is another good cheap feed.

you could always buy a chicken and a rooster and be patient, cheap meat for a long time.

Guest haigyman
I just got 8 Millers for 6 quid from Alaskan See...

alaskan see, best thing ever for 3 reasons:

does it mean...

a) i'll ask and see

2) some guy's name

d) a big stretch of water near alaska

Guest stuartmaxwell

he will thank me

its food for kings.

ever had corned beef and bean pie before??it tastes just like that (without the tatties)

it will last 3 days too, you can stick it in toasties with cheese an all

1 packet of macaroni

1 block of cheap butter

1 bag saver flour

1 pint of milk

1 block cheapo cheese

Melt a little butter in a pan, gradually add a little flour while stirring until a paste forms, and goes into a ball. Slowly add small amounts of milk while stirring until you have a suitable quantity to reduce to a sauce. Continue to stir and heat until it thickens, add the cheese. Drain your now cooked pasta and stir into the sauce.

Et voila. Cheap and eeeeezzzzzeeee.

Sounds like a lot of ingredients, but you can make a weeks worth of macaroni cheese from that lot.

he will thank me

its food for kings.

ever had corned beef and bean pie before??it tastes just like that (without the tatties)

it will last 3 days too' date=' you can stick it in toasties with cheese an all[/quote']

you're revolting :p

i've just got images of ollie sitting down to a nice mince and beans toastie in my head now..and pretending to like it because he doesn't have much choice after he spent his last couple of quid on it.

poor ollie :(

get some steak mimnce and get loads of cans o beans

cook the mince and chuick the beans in

gorgeous!and cheap

I thought I was almost alone in liking that.

We are kings...

and shutup, Cloud. It's literally fit for a royal... and I am always right.

Maxi, we really are kings.

I thought I was almost alone in liking that.

We are kings...

and shutup' date=' Cloud. It's literally fit for a royal... and I am always right.

Maxi, we really are kings.[/quote']

Oh come on, like I need any more proof that this is just an elaborate ollie-wind up :p

King Ollie...hmm, that has a ring to it though :D

Oh come on' date=' like I need any more proof that this is just an elaborate ollie-wind up :p

King Ollie...hmm, that has a ring to it though :D[/quote']

Its not.... its actually very nice... especially if you put some mash potatoe in with it... its like shephatds pie with beans... you can buy a heinz version I think.

so :p