aberdeen-music

GATECHIEN - crazy french duo!! for fans of Jesus Lizard, Shellac, Fugazi

Dizzy Storm

DRAKES PRODUCTIONS is excited, to bring to aberdeen, for your aural and visual pleasure........!

Gtechien - a french drums and bass duo based on energy and melancholy. Laurent (bass) and Florian (drums) wanted to create the madness that they couldn't insert in their two principal bands Headcases (emo noise) and Gina Artworth (rock noise).

reviews....

'Albini knocks on my mind, but not so metronomic and monolithic as in Big Black, Rapeman or Shellac: Gtechien twist guitars. The others drilled with them. Ask me for a label for Gtechien and I will answer avant-garde punk. You can choose yours." PopPage (Jse, Spain)

"Gtechien's music is raw, stark and harshly compelling. Bassist/singer Laurent Paradot torturously carves out leads while spewing agonized grunts, groans and syllables that don't sound like words in any language, or occasionally humming along with his own bass parts. Drummer Florian Belaud's complex beats make up in energy for what they sometimes lack in precision; he and Paradot have enough rapport that a third band member would be unnecessary. The songs are disjointed in structure but flow intriguingly from one dark melody to another. If they were more polished or polite, Gtechien might be just another math-rock band, noteworthy only for their lack of guitar - but the brutal vocal antics alone would keep them from putting anyone to sleep. " Splendidezine (Rachel, USA)

go here for mp3's

and go here to check their website! www.gatechien.tk

THURS 17TH MARCH

SOMEWHERE IN ABERDEEN!!

SUPPORT ETC TBC

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gatechien

they got in touch looking for a gig, i love the mp3s.

i have the 13th note booked for the 19th march, but the thing is i already have a band coming over -on the ferry- from Northern Ireland and i need to cover their travel expenses over two gigs (18th and 19th).

so i can't guarantee gatechien anything at this point incase of a dreadful turn out (which i doubt, finger's crossed), although i would strive to give them something for their troubles, and who knows, we could ram the place and everybody would be happy...

the offer for them is there anyway.... 19th march, 13th note, glasgow, just no guarantee, atleast not one near good enough if you come all the way from france! i haven't heard back from their "tour manager" about it in any event.

-richie

this glorious gig will be at....

SNAFU (5 union st' date=' ex Po Na Na)

DOORS 8PM

4 entry

SIDCA now added as 2nd support...woo yeah!!

top class dj'ing on the night guaranteed too!![/quote']

I have a big dollop of sticky in my pants now....i get to play with gatechien and sidca....i am jumping in the air and shouting 'go team' as i type!!.....

• 2 weeks later...

You are Lumpo-Tempo, as opposed to my brother, Lumpo-Basso.

Your job description will be outlined in your SIDCA corporate induction pack, which will be forthcoming (you think I'm joking......). Main duties anticipated to include hitting things with sticks, hard as you like. Membership of Team-Sidca entitles you to rant in a tangential, steam-of-consciousness fashion on any matter that tickles yer whatnot, on public forums, bathroom walls or peoples foreheads. You may also dance in a vulgar fashion when people least expect it. After your 4 week induction training programme is complete, you will be allowed to experiment with fire.

You are Lumpo-Tempo' date=' as opposed to my brother, Lumpo-Basso.

Your job description will be outlined in your SIDCA corporate induction pack, which will be forthcoming (you think I'm joking......). Main duties anticipated to include hitting things with sticks, hard as you like. Membership of Team-Sidca entitles you to rant in a tangential, steam-of-consciousness fashion on any matter that tickles yer whatnot, on public forums, bathroom walls or peoples foreheads. You may also dance in a vulgar fashion when people least expect it. After your 4 week induction training programme is complete, you will be allowed to experiment with fire.[/quote']

FUCKING A

My life will soon be complete apart from the sexual experimentation that I keep putting off! :devil:

and if anyone speaks french here's a review of Gatechien's new ep just out this month on Industrial.org ....! hehe! in amongst reviews for bands such as Breather Resist, La Quiete, Planes Mistaken For Stars, Tarantula Hawk & Grizzly Twister (who incidentally will be appearing in aberdeen in august - GT that is)

http://www.stnt.org/UneChroniqueDeDisque7.php3?i=340