aberdeen-music

Arthur Lee and Love

Goodman46

Might have been' date=' although my particular encounter was more centred on the steps next to the mixer. Totally ruined the night, doorstaff were worse than useless. These minks had hit my father, thrown their glasses at him, and the doorstaff did absolutely fuck all about it for about ten minutes.

Still makes me mad.[/quote']

Yes but surely your dad and yourselt are about 4 times the size of these galloots (sp) judging by the size of the rest of your family

*That sentence makes sence in my head.

Love

Better late than never........

LOVE: with Arthur Lee: plus Primary 5

Tuesday 12 April 2005 - Caf

Tickets 16.50 (11 concessions & regulars)

Doors Open: 8.30pm

Show Starts: 9pm

Love has long been recognised as one of rocks truly seminal bands. Led by the hugely charismaticsinger/guitarist/drummer Arthur Lee, they were among the most influential and experimental acts of the 60s.Their opening trilogy of albums from 1966/7 - Love, Da Capo and Forever Changes - remain classics to thisday with Forever Changes a fixture in the upper reaches of any All Time Greatest Albums list. Love captured the look, the sound, and attitude of a society in change; the first multiracial rock band of the psychedelic era with music to match, delving into acoustic folk, electric blues-rock, symphonic pop and jazztinged balladry en route to totally rewriting the rule book for rock bands.

A sensation on both their previous visits, the Love lineup is strengthened even further this time with the addition of original guitarist Johnny Echols.