aberdeen-music

Okay, a little help..

Guest crime-is-for-dorks

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm an idiot because I disagree with you then am I? Interesting.....

no. it's because you say things like this...

Get to fuck you ignorant fucking bastard. We have played Kef ONCE' date=' in early November. That's ONCE. We're booked to play there again on Sunday, nothing else. Once again I think you're getting us confused with Gone 2 Far. At least make an effort to hide your ignorance. Do you actually know who we are? We have plans for getting out of Aberdeen, but because we care about what we do, we want to wait ubtil we can get out and play a really good show.[/quote']

Guest stuartmaxwell
haha its amazing how different your posting now compared to earlier.

not really, i was really just clarifying my points into bitesize chunks for idiots like you who dont actually read anything or jump to conclusions :help:

either way i couldnt give a toss what you or my downfall or your poxy music scene thinks about me and how i come across online, i have got plenty of friends who know me in person and accept me.

i must go, im away to wash my hair and read my book (watt nicol, twisted knickers if you are interested) :love:

Guest scott cs.

at least they are actually doing something more productive than playing kef every week with the likes of 5 fiNgER DiScoUnT and my downfall.

you've no idea mate.

don't you do anything more productive that slate bands on a message board?

you've no idea mate.

don't you do anything more productive that slate bands on a message board?

He makes up imaginative bands so he can try and convince everyone that they're real for a year, then gets upset when people call him on it because its a real band now !!

Don;t forget about the important stuff he does like that !

Cheers

Stuart

Guest stuartmaxwell

zzzzzzzzzzz

sorry big shot, did i offend you too??

i have never oncve gotten upset about GOFONES...ever

all i will say on the matter is, we will be playing in summer and you should come along

and mr discount, i have lots of idea. i do lots of productive things in my life, just because they are not documented on a message board doesnt mean they do not exist. i hardly slag bands off that much anyway, i just say whether i like them or not, and why.

anyway, that book....the hair....

Guest stuartmaxwell

i used your band name as an insert.

jeez, it could have been any band who have not long started out

MY POINT WAS THAT MMW ARE MOVING ON UNLIKE OTHER LOCAL BANDS (WHO GIVE THEM JIP)WHO ARE STILL PLAYING ABDN VENUES WITH ANOTHER NEW GENERATION OF BANDS, IT WASNT A SLAGGING OFF OF MY DOWNFALL OR 5FD IN ANY WAY, IT WAS USED TO SAY THAT THEY ARE NOT THE SAME STANDARD OF BAND AS MMW

read this please

not really' date=' i was really just clarifying my points into bitesize chunks for idiots like you who dont actually read anything or jump to conclusions :help:

either way i couldnt give a toss what you or my downfall or your poxy music scene thinks about me and how i come across online, i have got plenty of friends who know me in person and accept me.

i must go, im away to wash my hair and read my book (watt nicol, twisted knickers if you are interested) :love:[/quote']

haha oh maxi, youve made my day.

Guest scott cs.

jeez' date=' it could have been any band who have not long started out

MY POINT WAS THAT MMW ARE MOVING ON UNLIKE OTHER LOCAL BANDS (WHO GIVE THEM JIP)WHO ARE STILL PLAYING ABDN VENUES WITH ANOTHER NEW GENERATION OF BANDS, IT WASNT A SLAGGING OFF OF MY DOWNFALL OR 5FD IN ANY WAY, IT WAS USED TO SAY THAT THEY ARE NOT THE SAME STANDARD OF BAND AS MMW

read this please[/quote']

fair enough.

jeez' date=' it could have been any band who have not long started out

read this please[/quote']

Ah, but to say that we're doing nothing more productive than playing Kef every week is an insult, as it's a large pile of bollocks.

without making this sound sarcastic because people in this thread are getting a bit fragile' date=' what are my downfall doing apart from recording demos, playing locals and writing?

just wondering

(not a cheap shot)[/quote']

That is about it right now as we actually have bugger all time on our hands, but there's probably gonna be an EP with about five songs on it in the near future, and plans for a few one off out of town gigs in the summer. Watch this space....

zzzzzzzzzzz

sorry big shot' date=' did i offend you too??

i have never oncve gotten upset about GOFONES...ever

all i will say on the matter is, we will be playing in summer and you should come along

and mr discount, i have lots of idea. i do lots of productive things in my life, just because they are not documented on a message board doesnt mean they do not exist. i hardly slag bands off that much anyway, i just say whether i like them or not, and why.

anyway, that book....the hair....[/quote']

I look forward to seeing you guys playing, but you can't deny the band was imaginary for a year, you even made up 3 imaginary albums. I only have a problem with the fact you seem to find fun slagging off bands you know nothing about, what's the point, you make a big deal about MMw are getting out there but in the same breath you put down other bands, apparently just inserting bands in there without a clue. Don't you ever think that people like you are the reason so many bands split up because you take unfair pops at them. Constructive criticism is one thing, having a go at a band because your a twat is another.

As for being a big shot, its all comparable isnt it, I do well at what i do, and i'm proud of it.

Cheers

Stuart

Guest stuartmaxwell
I look forward to seeing you guys playing' date=' but you can't deny the band was imaginary for a year, you even made up 3 imaginary albums. I only have a problem with the fact you seem to find fun slagging off bands you know nothing about, what's the point, you make a big deal about MMw are getting out there but in the same breath you put down other bands, apparently just inserting bands in there without a clue. Don't you ever think that people like you are the reason so many bands split up because you take unfair pops at them. Constructive criticism is one thing, having a go at a band because your a twat is another.

As for being a big shot, its all comparable isnt it, I do well at what i do, and i'm proud of it.

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

on the GOFONES topic, it was more laxidasical for 6months :dunce: sporadic practices and the like. it was kind of a pop at the board hyping of bands (anyone remember day of tomorrow??). you exaggerated with the year thing.

everyone seems to think i slag lots of bands off, ok bands like REAP and the diruetics were truly rubbish, and the way those REAP boys and their big egos posted they deserved it. but i hardly have a go at bands that much, if i dont like em i say so. fair dos sometimes i dont think about it and do it in a wrong manner and slightly regret it. (a.k.a dedalus, i was in a rush and i posted something i shouldnt have. its not like dave has stopped speaking to me or anything, he doesnt care and thats the way it should be)

i suppose its the same as people continually backslapping and when asked about a show by a band they reply "5fd and My downfall (see what i did there :D ) were great last night" and dont really ellaborate, what good does that do?

If bands split up because of people taking pops at them then they are weak. they dont have to take it on board, its their choice.

As for you being a big shot, im proud of you too stu, you have done a lot in the music industry and know a lot of great people and are a PR whizz apprently, its an honour to have someone like you tell how it is done in the big world. (not sarcastic)

its good to blow your own trumpet if you are proud of something (GOFONES??NO??), i and the other guys post in threads about GOFONES is the same as you posting about something you once did or achieved or who you know etc...different levels and all that

everyone should really chill out and press the ignore user button if they dont like myposts :help: thats what its there for

He makes up imaginative bands so he can try and convince everyone that they're real for a year' date=' then gets upset when people call him on it because its a real band now !!

Don;t forget about the important stuff he does like that !

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

Surely imaginitive band forming is all good? ;)

Is this thread a joke? I can't actually tell.

I'd like to have some proper input. First of all, it's fairly obvious that My Minds Weapon are probably very serious about being the best/biggest band they can be on their own terms. We may not all like them but they don't care. They are just a local band trying their best to develop their music and play to as many people as possible. They take themselves seriously and will go further than Aberdeen by simply acting like Professionals. Good on them. Go Dan!

Second of all, who gives a fuck what people think about your band? If they like it, great. If not, you don't have to listen to them. There are some people on here that think other people's negative opinions are important. Why? Just ignore the cunts.

Third, Guts on Fire of North East Scotland is, in fact, a real band. In development. The reason so many people have heard about us without even playing a show is that we were simply taking the piss out of all the bands that hype themselves up and think themselves so important to "the scene." Bands that hype themselves up as much as possible when they are still playing Kef or any other local venues. We've all seen it before... "[insert name here] are gonna rock your fucking world! we are the only thing to believe in!" My Minds Weapon used to be guilty of this but have stepped back from it by removing their forum, therefore eliminating 90% of the bullshit chat that went on around them. I know they won't care but I take them a lot more seriously now because of it. Plus they have developed a lot as a band.

And finally, you're all fannies.