aberdeen-music

Foyerlive ?

Terance

Hey what did people think of the gig last night ?

:band:

I was down to see Bitumen River (its Shetland connection) and thought they were great - intense and lots of energy. A little heavy for me personally but a great band - crazy moshing and water throwing too!!!!!

Madisuns had a tight set with some nice harmonies but no lasting impressions and I was getting a little pissed by that point.

Got the photos of Bitumen River up on my site already:

http://vocoustic.sarcoptic.net/photos.php?album=bitumenriver

Let me know what yous think...

---

Vocoustics Presents:

Steve Crawford - Amber - Alan Cynic

THE TUNNELS' date=' Wed 2 Feb 9pm

Free Entry

[url']www.vocoustics.com

this was a really decent night, i was impressed by all bands except the madisuns...

unfortunately my opinion of them could be slightly swayed by the fact that the drummer was very rude to me..but hey..

Tears of Grace - I thought their performance was pretty tight, especially for a first gig, what with nerves and everything. welldone guys :)

The Extracts - Some good riffs i thought, Dominic is a good singer and i was impressed with their songs, although the last song was slightly on the long side.

Juvenile Deliquents - First Shetland band on stage! despite playing mainly covers of the likes of Blink and Green Day, the guys certainly got the crowd going and had lots of energy in their playing

Butimen River - didnt catch their whole set, but sounded pretty good from what i heard while doing the lights for them, i liked the heavier parts to songs oh and also the lead singer guys hair ;) lol

Beth - thanks :) The madisuns manager said pretty much what you said too.

How did you know it was our first gig? I think we went okay, considering we've only been together 3 months. Shame about npt having any floor tom for first three songs though :p

I missed the madisuns set cos my bro was driving us home - but i've heard losts of their stuff and they sound great - Richie (drummist) is also top-bloke for being so good about letting people use his kit.

I think Beth said it all ' date=' Major thanks to all the foyer music support including ,,,,

[b']Beth, Calum, Lee , Rich, Ali, Ross .

Major Thanks To Dave Foyer, who's support / encouragement made the gig the success that it was .

Thanks Guys .

WATCH THIS SPACE :band:

www.foyerlive.com

Now now now, Let's not forget anothe rprestigious member, Jonny!

I think the gigs wen't great, I thoroughly enjoyed them.

In reply to Ben, the thing is the Madisons drummer wasn't that cool about people using his kit, Agreeing to it then failing to do much but complain, and finally trash the kit himself.

:down:

Beth - thanks :) The madisuns manager said pretty much what you said too.

How did you know it was our first gig? I think we went okay' date=' considering we've only been together 3 months. Shame about npt having any floor tom for first three songs though :p

I missed the madisuns set cos my bro was driving us home - but i've heard losts of their stuff and they sound great - Richie (drummist) is also top-bloke for being so good about letting people use his kit.[/quote']

You had written that it was your first gig in another thread :)

whats this about not having a floor tom for the first 3 songs..???

not sure i agree with you that Richie is a "top-bloke"...

I think Beth said it all ' date=' Major thanks to all the foyer music support including ,,,,

[b']Beth, Calum, Lee , Rich, Ali, Ross .

Major Thanks To Dave Foyer, who's support / encouragement made the gig the success that it was .

Thanks Guys .

WATCH THIS SPACE :band:

www.foyerlive.com

Biggest thanks to Dave, Ali and Johnny for doing everything and not allowing the rest of us to do stuff!!!! :D

Guest Startex

A massive thanks to the whole Foyerlive team. You all did a great job and without you people the night would never have happened. I would like to point out to anyone who's interested that the team are looking for more local bands who want to play Foyerlive gigs. Just to prove how worthwhile they are, the bands on Friday night walked away with:

• The Madisuns - 60
  • Bitumen River - 110
  • The Extract - 110
  • Juvenile Delinquents - 110
  • Tears Of Grace - 110

A damn sight more than any other gigs in town! Worth noting the "headline" act earned about half what the local acts did! If you're up for a gig, let Terance know and he will pass on details to the team, or use the website.

Anyway, the gig was great, the younger bands blew their 'peers' off-stage and rocked the house! The weekend was finished off in great style last night with the "acoustic" gig at Kilau Coffee Company on Little Belmont Street making the whole event a major success. Thanks again to you all.

Anyway, the gig was great, the younger bands blew their 'peers' off-stage and rocked the house! The weekend was finished off in great style last night with the "acoustic" gig at Kilau Coffee Company on Little Belmont Street making the whole event a major success. Thanks again to you all.

:band::D

Guest Startex
Well i didn'/t noticed till after the 3rd song that the floor-tom mic was on the floor. Hence i stumble up to mic and start asking for 'sound guy' to come fix it. :D

...and the 'sound guy' yelled to the stage manager who promptly did so! :D

Hello everyone. I've finally made it back to Shetland after a serious sunday session in aberdeen.

If anybody has any opinions of our band it would be really interesting to hear them (whether it be good or bad!)

Thanks to everyone who made this weekend happen, it has been amazing!

Click here for photos of our gig on friday night