aberdeen-music

Talking Back Sunday Tonight?

Acey Trixx

just have to say it was AWESOME!! despite being in the seating area and the sound being not too great (on the floor wasnt much better according to the pl i went with who had standing tickets) we got all the high frequency up on the balcony and down on the floor was too bassy by all accounts..but nonetheless i thought it was totally AWESOME show...

aye, we were standing right by the sound desk where, surely, the sound should be at its best, but no, it was utter baws! got better towards the end like, only the lovely wee acoustic song (of which i have forgotten the title) sounded pretty decent!

still they themselves were utterly awesome, they do put on a great show!

muchly enjoyed!

aye' date=' we were standing right by the sound desk where, surely, the sound should be at its best[/quote']

At least i you picked up one good habbit from me :p G-unit

I would love to see MCR at some point this year. Both their albums are just ace, full-stop. I wasn't overly impressed with TBS when I saw them, far to mechanical and repetitive for my liking with the overlapping vocals a l Scream n Clean. I also dont know how they will ever re-create the generic female vocals from songs like bike scene.

Guest crime-is-for-dorks
At least i you picked up one good habbit from me :p G-unit

I would love to see MCR at some point this year. Both their albums are just ace' date=' full-stop. I wasn't overly impressed with TBS when I saw them, far to mechanical and repetitive for my liking with the overlapping vocals a l Scream n Clean. I also dont know how they will ever re-create the generic female vocals from songs like bike scene.[/quote']

There's no screaming in Taking Back Sunday really. My Chemical Romance suck cock, no songs and they looks like a bunch of right twats, no imporvement between the 2 gigs I saw, and they were 2 years apart. Meh, shitty band.

To be honest i wasnt impressed with tbs at all last night. They were no where near as tight as id expect from a band on the road. They sped up and slowed down heaps during songs which for me is not something that just happens during live sets, bands like these guys should be note and speed perfect almost evertnight. I know thats a lot to ask for but if you are touring then surely you should be better than that.

I thought MCR were good better than TBS anyway. They were far tighter and they had better songs i think.

But whats being said about the sound is true. It was awfull. If i was in TBS i would be sacking my sound engineer this morning cause that really was poor. You could barlely hear the vocals at all during thier set. Again surley this shouldnt of happened with a touring band.

Ah nevermind i still had fun anyway!!!!

Fucking ace gig all round(despite tbs sound but more of that later)!

Communique were lovely, I think they will get criticised for jumping on the "disco rock" bandwagon which is silly but you know what people are like nowadays. Sounds like Get Up Kids riffs/chord structures with Matt Skiba's(Alkaline Trio) voice over it. Nice indeed.

My Chemical Romance pretty much owned this gig! Great energy that came from the band especially from the guitarists. Highlights were "Im Not Okay"(everyone singing quietly at the end was beautiful!), "You Know What You Do To Guys Like Us In Prison"(sang my tiny heart out to that one), "Cemetery Drive"(goosebumps appeared on my arms-tis true) Everyone showing the lighters made it so mellow. Also finishing with Helena was a perfect finish.

The problem that I thought was with Taking Back Sunday was that the sound was compeltely shit for them which was not their fault. Guitars were too loud making it impossible to hear the vocals. Annoyed that it ruined the first song "Set Phasers to Stun" but nevermind. Apart from that I thought they were good. Adam Lazarra had a great presence on stage and had great crowd interaction although was annoyed that he came up with the typical Scottish stereotype and mentioned haggis. Highlights of this set would be "You're So Last Summer", "The Union", "Cute Without The E" and Decade Under The Influence".

Was great gig and got some nice merch.

Was I only one that thought the merchandisers outside were a bloody nuissance?

EDIT: Oh and funniest bit ever the guitarist of TBS(who semi-screams jamesy) was screaming "How is everyone out there". Sounded like someone out of the WWE. Had to be there.

The sound was pretty bad everywhere but it perked up towards the end. It was absolutely amazing when they stopped playing and everyone there was singing "why can't I feel anything for anyone or anything?" The band must have felt so good right then.

MCR are playing at the QMU on April 7th Paul so we should go to that. I don't know why I just wrote that because you're on your way here and I'll tell you when you arrive. Duh.