aberdeen-music

I have a crush...

nullmouse

She's so sweet, yet such a sassy lady. Don't get the chance to see her much, but when I do it's mesmerising...

Luckily for you all, I aint the jealous type - So I'm willing to share my infatuation :up:

PINEY GIR is a new treat to Aberdeen, playing her first gig up here ever! She's the toast of the underground ecclectic indie scene in London, with her tip-top synthpop swagger through every genre imaginable. From crooning swing songs to full-on Peaches style electronic sleaze, she's a sweet'n'sassy slice of American pie who's bound to inspire a lot of school boy crushes in the crowd. We're so taken with Piney and so sure you'll love her too that we've flown her and her band up from London for two exclusive Scottish shows.

Dr Drakes - Friday 21st of January - 8pm - 4

With Motormark & The Videos

Ah yes' date=' Angela (aka Ms Gir) is indeed a right lil' sweetie - The Videos played with her down in London (arf) and I exchanged some lovely e-mails with the faun of electronica. She's doing pretty well for herself doon there it seems...[/quote']

Yeah! Some people may even remember her from Vic 20, too - But her other current bands are worth checking out, including The Schla La La's and the rarer outings of the Orff Orchestra. MTV are on to her, they're going to pay for her to make a new video for playlisting.

Motormark are wicked. I wish I could come to the gig.

Motormark are playing Glasgow the week after, if that's any help?

FRI_28_JAN_05 / UK / GLASGOW / UTTER GUTTER AT THE RIVERSIDE CLUB

They're also playing Edinburgh the night after the Aberdeen gig with Piney Gir (22/01/05) but I reckon that'd be just as inconvenient as the Aberdeen gig for you...