aberdeen-music

Goodfellas bein shown at the moorings?

kirkt

The brand new genuine DVD of Goodfellas that came out of a cellophane sealed DVD box had a deformed playing surface on side 1. So it wouldn't play. Better that than a deformed side 2 LMAO' date=' boy wouldn't that have been a pisser.

We'll show this movie some other time.[/quote']

So what did you do instead? Show another movie? Abandon the plan?

I'm mildly pleased as I couldn't make Tuesday and Goodfellas is one of the films shown that I haven't seen yet :)

I've never seen Goodfellas believe it or not.

You have NO idea what you're missing. If i had to pick one film of all-time to prove that cinema existed for audiences millions of years from now (as opposed to 3-d, aroma-rama, projected, laser re-enactments) it would probably be Goodfellas.

And flash, was loving the in-depth interview for the Gaudie; do you want some copies for the bar?

You have NO idea what you're missing. If i had to pick one film of all-time to prove that cinema existed for audiences millions of years from now (as opposed to 3-d' date=' aroma-rama, projected, laser re-enactments) it would probably be Goodfellas.

And flash, was loving the in-depth interview for the Gaudie; do you want some copies for the bar?[/quote']

Well we do Goodfellas in a fortnights time. Was going to do it this week, but I'm not in the mood what with Drakes closing down :(

We sell the Gaudie in the bar... err I mean give it away for free. We only sell it to foriegn tourists and the occasional old lady.

I can't believe they deleted the nude picture of Garth. Damn!

I was loving the 1991 copyrighted image, and the way you describe the jolly ("Dilated pupils and cheesy grin") euphoria you get from drinking moorings alcohol as opposed to "Drinking pints of warm flat lager out of plastic cups". Brilliantly written to attract the most hardcore alcoholics the campus has to offer! Good stuff!

Last exam's tomorrow, so i rekon i'll be getting mortal at night :cheers:

'S a fantastically scary scene.

Although I do prefer Taxi Driver! Scorcese's cameo in that is excellent. "Put the meter down...PUT the meter down! I'm not getting out."

That cameo was awesome. He can also be seen sitting on a stairway at one point of the film. He's Charlie's internal voice in 'Mean Streets' too.

The official Scorcese hierarchy (officially my opinion, that is) is thus:

Mean Streets = Taxi Driver > Goodfellas > (everything else) > Bringing Out The Dead.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088680/?fr=c2l0ZT1kZnxteD0yMHxzZz0xfGxtPTIwMHx0dD1vbnxmYj11fHBuPTB8cT1hZnRlciBob3Vyc3xodG1sPTF8bm09b24_;fc=1;ft=20;fm=1

Not sure if the link will work but the movie is a go-er. A must for anyone that has:

been part of the goth culture

been into bondage

a mohawk (this is where the "It's mohawk night tonight" comes from)

been refused entry by a bouncer

dated a nutter

been passenger in a taxi driven by a psychotic

been burgled

been 10p short for the last bus home

been chatted up by an older person/stalker

been accused of a crime they didn't commit

accidentally given out the wrong signals to a homosexual

gone straight to work from a night out

had a partner attempt suicide

been pursued by an angry mob

Tuesday 8pm