aberdeen-music

The boy is back in town

Marillionboy

Way hey! Good to have you back for a while. Do not expect to leave with your liver in 1 piece.

Want the good news? Well we're in the process of getting the real ales back up and running, although it may be into March before we are ready to dispense again.

EDIT: If you happen to be around late some night I'm there, Tuesday, Friday (not good cos I'll be minging), Saturday, or Sunday, then bring along your favourite CD and I'll play it through the PA on the Denon A11 mega CD/DVD/SACD player. It sounds amazing!

I'm thinking And Then There Were Three actually...or some IQ. Then again there's Clutching at Straws....heck this is tough!

Brave is a seriously good choice Stu...

HELP!

I would have to go for Brave for wanting to hear the nuances of a song through a strong sound system and for an incredibly classic album. Though Clutching might be good, I'd also be tempted by Field of Crows which I haven't listened to live in ages.

So many choices ;)

Cheers

Stuart

We listened to Michelle Shocked (not sure of the album but Anchorage was the hit off it), and Sheryl Crow the Globe Sessions all the way through after hours last Sunday. It's fair to say that this is not the sort of music that Pete and Frank would normally listen to, but the it sounded so good they were enthralled (sorry guys I guess that's your street cred ruined).

This was going through the A11s digital output straight into the DM1000. The only weak link in that chain is the DM1000s D to A conversion which is not quite up to full on HiFi preamp quality.

It's be interesting to compare the sound quality on the various albums. Prepare for a long night LMAO!

It's also interesting to compare the (vast) difference in output between the jukebox, DJ decks, and A11.

Good job this is planned for next week as we were rammed to capacity for most of tonight. Less than 2% difference between last night and Hogmanay.

Jester - Laura liked the Jo recording we did so much that she asked us to do the rest of the set for her. Result is that I now have a free Jo Live at The Moorings Bar album for yous to do with as you see fit. It cost me a whole 80... oh well at least it was cheaper than an import.

Sounds even better than the original track did as Mark has altered the mastering slightly.

Good job this is planned for next week as we were rammed to capacity for most of tonight. Less than 2% difference between last night and Hogmanay.

Jester - Laura liked the Jo recording we did so much that she asked us to do the rest of the set for her. Result is that I now have a free Jo Live at The Moorings Bar album for yous to do with as you see fit. It cost me a whole 80... oh well at least it was cheaper than an import.

Sounds even better than the original track did as Mark has altered the mastering slightly.

You are an absoloute God Mr Flash, I shall pick up a cd on Saturday, I'm seeing Jo in a few weeks at the Midge gig in Dunfermline I'll be able to give it to her then. Sounds like the Moorings is going through a boom time at the moment :)

I look forward to hearing part of the first full set recorded at the moorings through the big PA :)

Cheers

Stuart

Looks like I'm likely to be dropping by Monday night as well folks' date=' as I'mn having drinks with an old mate I have na seen for about ten years so we're going on a pub crawl. I take it Mudd Club isn't still happening on Mondays these days...where's worth going to post pub?[/quote']

So what's the verdict? You left your CD in the bar OK. It's behind the middle till you can get it on Monday.

The Mudd Clud still occurs by name in Moshulu on Mondays. BUT do not expect the Trad Goth night that you possibly recall from your Ritzy's days 10-15 years ago!!!

Exodus may also be worth checking out. I believe both are free admission and 1 per pint, but don't quote me.

It's also Drakes second last ever night, so you should probably check it out assuming you can get in as it's likely to be busy with a bunch of people that should have gone more frequently prior to the announcement of it's closure.

Blue Lamp is still EXACTLY the same both parts. As is Peep Peeps.

The moorings is ok' date=' just ok, now if Enya, capercallie, runrig or some hardhouse suddenly appeared on the playlist or jukebox it would kick ass :rolleyes:

hint , hint :ding:[/quote']

Does anyone know of a nice old mannies bar that Mark could go to? I think he will be much happier there!! I'm not sure if the Moorings is the bar for him.

Note to Mark: I do still love you and want to marry you but only if you get to love Slayer as much as I do :stupid: !!!!

Was a smashing night! Will be byy tonight to collect ma CD and naturally have a few shandies too.

That sound system is fantastic! And I loved the fact that Cloud was slowly getting sucked into Field of Crows! Bet you've gone and bought it now but are keeping it hidden under the bed!

Ah what time you going down tonight ? I'm going to try and come down for a bit but it might be a bit later. Cloud loved the Marillion and Fish stuff, he's been won over I think ;)

Cheers

Stuart

More importantly what did you think of the Jo McCafferty recording?

I listened to it fully last night and it was definitely the best live recording i've heard of her. Very impressed with it. Another 'Well done' to the Moorings and ifyou need to show anyone what can be done with an acoustic track then feel free to post one somewhere :)

Cheers

Stuart