aberdeen-music

Meeting for Tsunami Fundraiser

purplefrodo

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tv tanned

Also discussed was using sponsorship to cover base costs, thereby guaranteeing that you make a profit.

Also the novel suggestion that local bands should 'bid' for the support slots with the winners paying their money to the charity kitty.

None of this was confirmed, so if anyone wants their say they should come along on Sunday evening.

The next meeting is tomorrow evening at 7.00 it would be good if anyone with ideas etc can come down and see where we are, it would be great if someone would like to take the minutes as last week we were all illiterate. The more the merrier, in the bassment , the plan was to come this week with possible ideas of people we could ask to appear at the gig.

Cheers

Stuart

Guest JockeySnogger

Perhaps Neil could create a few Polls to help get a broad range of opinions online.

That way we could all vote once for the catagories of organisation that we feel would be best suited and from there, use it to conduct the fundraiser.

Do you really want people voting who don't have anything to do with it though?

Anyhoo' date=' as was discussed last sunday, there's no point trying to arrange various things if we don't even have bands lined up to play.[/quote']

More to the point people wanting to do certain things don't mean they are capapble of doing it, theres a lot of grunt work involved, and i guess very few people would go for that.

As for the minutes, there isn't really just another brainstorming session about bands etc.

Next week we may have some progress :)

Cheers

Stuart

Guest tv tanned
I also couldn't manage last night since the girl i work with has uni exams and i had to do her shift at night...but fingers crossed i will make it there next week!

cool, cos we really need a secretary ;)

Nah, the more the merrier at this stage I reckons, and it's not like you've missed much so far!

Yep, the meeting is every Sunday @ 7pm @ The back of The Bassment. However, there is not much happening yet until Ross gets a band or two booked to play the night. Until then we really having nothing much to organise and I fear the longer this goes on the less interest there will be in an event such as this.

For anyone in Glagow, or that are going to be in Glasgow at the end of the month there is going to be a tsunami benefit gig, details below:

PUNY HUMAN PROMOTIONS PRESENTS

MIA - Effects driven hard/melodic rock with elements of Red Hot Chili Peppers, Incubus, Deftones and Rage Against the Machine.

AUDIOPHILE - Banterous indie with wee bits of Radiohead, The Manic Street Preachers and Will Smith (!?).

+1 TBC

It's gonna be at the 13th Note on King Street, over 18s, 3 and all proceeds go to the Disasters Emergency Committee. Sunday the 30th of January, doors 9pm.

Check out the bands at:

http://www.miaband.co.uk/

http://www.audiophileonline.co.uk/

Guest JockeySnogger

So hows it coming along this whole Tsunami gig fundrasier?

How much do you estimate you will raise for the re-building of the affected coutries?

Which countries are you planning to make the donations towards?

How many gigs are you putting on?

Bands per gig?

Seriously through some sort of feedback would be great.