aberdeen-music

Tsunami Hoaxes...

historicrocker

Guest Bob Double Jack

I heard from my uncle in the USA that some Americans were saying "don't help them, they're Muslims, etc". And this after the world rallied round to help them in the aftermath of 9 / 11.

Also, the goverment donations to this cause have been pretty f'kin dismal compared to the donations from the public throughout the world, which is appalling. MAybe they (MP's) should give up a days wage each - along with the proposal that all workers in the EU do this - and their annual expenses claims (which probably average about 20, 000 per annum) for this cause.

Also' date=' the goverment donations to this cause have been pretty f'kin dismal compared to the donations from the public throughout the world, which is appalling. [/quote']

The US Government initially offered $15 million, then upped it to $35 million. They were eventually persuaded after an outcry to raise it to $350 million. To put that into perspective, they are currently spending 1 billion dollars a week in Iraq...

http://www.costofwar.com/

Guest Neubeatz
that is sick

i'm just waiting for news of websites where your donations go directly into some scam artists bank account..

Hmmm, one of my email accs is getting spammed for donations, ..........,

I heard from my uncle in the USA that some Americans were saying "don't help them' date=' they're Muslims, etc". And this after the world rallied round to help them in the aftermath of 9 / 11.

Also, the goverment donations to this cause have been pretty f'kin dismal compared to the donations from the public throughout the world, which is appalling. MAybe they (MP's) should give up a days wage each - along with the proposal that all workers in the EU do this - and their annual expenses claims (which probably average about 20, 000 per annum) for this cause.[/quote']

Fecking hell... America is pissing me off these days. Not only is Bush a complete ignoramus but the people just don't care. They expect everyone to gather around them when they get into trouble and people, surprisingly, do. They offered a measly 30 million dollars initially to help for Tsumani aid. You know it says in the US Decalration of independence that Americans are free to rise up against any government which does not reflect their will? Why aren't people rising up? It's the entire country which is wrapped up in itself not just George Bush. At least Britain is making an effort. And I have always supported higher taxation rates for wealthy people

The US Government initially offered $15 million' date=' then upped it to $35 million. They were eventually persuaded after an outcry to raise it to $350 million. To put that into perspective, they are currently spending [i']1 billion dollars a week in Iraq...

http://www.costofwar.com/

Personally I find it a bit sick, the way governments and the media are going mad over this tsunami thing, but completely silent about the estimated 100,000 innocent Iraqi's killed over the past 2 years.

Bush just won the election with more votes than any other President in history' date=' so I would say that horse has bolted. If anything, many Americans will feel the President is being over-generous in his donation. The US government is the single biggest contributor to the disaster relief program, much larger than Russia or China.[/quote']

It's worth pointing out that bush won by the slimmest margin ever in the 216 years of American elections, aside from woodrow wilson.

also:

"Two hundred and ten million adult Americans could have registered and voted this year. Sixty million actually showed up at the polls and voted for Bush. In other words, not even three in 10 Americans liked Bush well enough to make the effort to vote for him. "

speaking about the 'donation' appeal from countries, the worlds is the sickest planet.. we pay billions each year towards football players, and films.. people are walking around with millions stashed away.. the Beckhams (and such like families around the world), and highly paid actors/directors/producers should all stop for a moment and think that with such a disaster happenin, they could spend their money more effectively instead of wastin it on a few cretins who enjoy watchin football and films.. money from ANYWHERE could be put to better use at the moment..

thats a bit jumbled, but i hope i made my point clear enough?!