aberdeen-music

Hot Water Music playing out with New Found Glory

Guest allsystemsfail

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Following their dreams? What do you know of their dreams? The reason you find what I've said here difficult to grasp is I guess (and I apologize if this is not the case) coz you're thinking is based on the traditional methods of producing rock. What I've said is perhaps alien to you. Am I wrong?

well obviously playing to bigger audiences is part of their dreams, otherwise they wouldn't be doing it. and although i think that musically new found glory are pretty lame, they do seem to provide a platform for lesser known bands to get out there and be heard. i went to a nfg/less than jake show in LA 4 years ago and the support band was anti-flag, who are a heavily political young punk band, who have since become pretty well known. also at that show, they were distributing free punk and oi sampler cds to everyone who came through the door, featuring a number of small and unsigned acts. which i think is pretty good going for a major label modern punk band with chart success. they seem to keep a strong support for bands who hold the diy ethics of your 'punk community' helping them expand their audiences. i don't see what's so wrong with that.

I hate converse.

Uncomfy as fuck.

And a bit trendy i'd say.... every cunt has them. ;)

Horses for courses though. :)

How much does a pair of Converse set you back these days anyway?

bout 30 which is not bad for trainers. though there are cheaper and rarer finds on e-bay, mostly from china where they seem to get all the cool stuff first. i find you have to really break them in and then they're really comfy.

Guest allsystemsfail
I hate converse.

Uncomfy as fuck.

And a bit trendy i'd say.... every cunt has them. ;)

Horses for courses though. :)

How much does a pair of Converse set you back these days anyway?

Well, the pair I have right now cost bout 30. Not very hard wearing. They tend to last maybe six months.

They were always kinda hard to get hold of, though now they're everywhere. And sure, it's now extremely trendy to be seen wearing them.

Have been wearing Converse CTs for bout 15 years. Was kinda pissed bout Nike's buying out of the company.

well obviously playing to bigger audiences is part of their dreams' date=' otherwise they wouldn't be doing it. and although i think that musically new found glory are pretty lame, they do seem to provide a platform for lesser known bands to get out there and be heard. i went to a nfg/less than jake show in LA 4 years ago and the support band was anti-flag, who are a heavily political young punk band, who have since become pretty well known. also at that show, they were distributing free punk and oi sampler cds to everyone who came through the door, featuring a number of small and unsigned acts. which i think is pretty good going for a major label modern punk band with chart success. they seem to keep a strong support for bands who hold the diy ethics of your 'punk community' helping them expand their audiences. i don't see what's so wrong with that.[/quote']

superb post. absolutely superb.

NOT SCOTT POSTING

You're wrong' date=' so what you say is not straight and true. Do Vans produce a canvas vegan shoe? Not as far as I know.

And regarding my buying my Converse CTs - was this friend in attendance when I bought them? Sure, I did not start to wear the particular pair that I'm wearing right now til a few weeks ago. However, I bought them several months back. Was wearing out the pair I had. Fraid I can't prove this of course. Just as you cannot prove what you have said.

So I'm a fake? Not at all. It may be difficult for you to grasp, but not everyone couldn't give a shit. Some people (like myself) do indeed take their politics seriously, living their lives (if possible) without support of exploitation or oppressive practices.

Finally, can I ask who this common friend is? Send me a pm if you'd like.[/quote']

i simply dont believe you.you are digging yourself deeper and deeper my friend...

also, i honestly cant say who told me, they wouldnt be happy(for obvious reasons).but they exist buddy, they exist...

FUCK THE SYSTEM

DOWN WITH EXPENSIVE TRAINERS(unless they look nice)

EAT LETTUCE

etc

Well' date=' the pair I have right now cost bout 30. Not very hard wearing. They tend to last maybe six months.

They were always kinda hard to get hold of, though now they're everywhere. And sure, it's now extremely trendy to be seen wearing them.

Have been wearing Converse CTs for bout 15 years. Was kinda pissed bout Nike's buying out of the company.[/quote']

try ebay for vintage, pre-nike pairs if you wanna keep wairing them without compromising your beliefs. i also know of a little mom-and pop kinda online store that sells converse who might be able to help you out and sell you pre-nike pairs. they seem to deal with all enquiries on an individual basis and are really helpful and not too pricey. think it's jack's shoes. try googling it.

Guest allsystemsfail
i simply dont believe you.you are digging yourself deeper and deeper my friend...

also' date=' i honestly cant say who told me, they wouldnt be happy(for obvious reasons).but they exist buddy, they exist...

FUCK THE SYSTEM

DOWN WITH EXPENSIVE TRAINERS(unless they look nice)

EAT LETTUCE

etc[/quote']

You can believe what you want. What I've said is the truth. Of course you don't wanna know about that. It doesn't suit you. You don't like what I've said here, so you wanna believe that I'm a fake.

And regarding this shared friend - I gotta say that I got pretty strong suspicions who you're talking about.

Oh, and you'll notice that no one has given a shit what you've said bout me.

You can believe what you want. What I've said is the truth. Of course you don't wanna know about that. It doesn't suit you. You don't like what I've said here' date=' so you wanna believe that I'm a fake.

And regarding this shared friend - I gotta say that I got pretty strong suspicions who you're talking about.

Oh, and you'll notice that no one has given a shit what you've said bout me.[/quote']

still doesnt change the fact you wear vans and tell lies does it?

i've checked with them and they said they had had enough of your antics and it was cool for me to reveal their identity...

potatotank.jpg

you may believe him to be made up but the important thing is i know he's real, and a better friend to me than you.

glad you took the time to chat to me again dave, i missed you mate.

and what does this have to do with hot water music? people like hardcore mel and jester are arguing the point well...your just taking a dig at someone, and theres no need for that. i reckon you and david should meet up and discuss your differences face to face over a cup of cocoa.

Guest allsystemsfail

I DO NOT wear Vans or regarding this matter have told ANY lies.

These regular swipes at me are becoming tiresome. And really, they're pathetic. Shit, much of what you've said on this board of late has been bout me. Congratulations, you just killed another thread.

Over and out.

and what does this have to do with hot water music? people like hardcore mel and jester are arguing the point well...your just taking a dig at someone' date=' and theres no need for that. i reckon you and david should meet up and discuss your differences face to face over a cup of cocoa.[/quote']

once at drakes during a broken oath gig everyone was doing 'serious' hardcore dancing, very gently and safely.to combat this i made point of a)pushing as much people i could in true 'metal mosher' fashion and b)giving anyone who came close to me a proper dead arm.between these moves i spun round as fast as i could, swinging my arms with abandon, shouting.i also pointed my fingers but i do that seriously from time to time during beatdowns.at one point the person i believe to be you was right next to me, but i chose not to give you a dead arm as you looked like the type that would cry.next time, you get a scoop slam/spinebuster.thats properly having a dig at someone.maybe even a tombstone.

for the record i would also do this to angry dave.

I DO NOT wear Vans or regarding this matter have told ANY lies.

These regular swipes at me are becoming tiresome. And really' date=' they're pathetic. Shit, much of what you've said on this board of late has been bout me.

Over and out.[/quote']

that simply isnt true.end of argument.

i'm off out now to try to calm down and forget this happened.

once at drakes during a broken oath gig everyone was doing 'serious' hardcore dancing' date=' very gently and safely.to combat this i made point of a)pushing as much people i could in true 'metal mosher' fashion and b)giving anyone who came close to me a proper dead arm.between these moves i spun round as fast as i could, swinging my arms with abandon, shouting.i also pointed my fingers but i do that seriously from time to time during beatdowns.at one point the person i believe to be you was right next to me, but i chose not to give you a dead arm as you looked like the type that would cry.next time, you get a scoop slam/spinebuster.thats properly having a dig at someone.maybe even a tombstone.

for the record i would also do this to angry dave.[/quote']

haha that amused me. but no, it wasn't me.

Following their dreams? What do you know of their dreams? The reason you find what I've said here difficult to grasp is I guess (and I apologize if this is not the case) coz you're thinking is based on the traditional methods of producing rock. What I've said is perhaps alien to you. Am I wrong?

I don't know their dreams, but i know if they didn't see it as part of what they wanted to do, back with the evolution thing then they wouldn't do it. I don't follow the standard and traditional methods of producing rock, most of the bands i like are neither traditional nor standard. You're right that i don't know their dreams, but if it wasn't why woiuld they do it, or do you think the record company was holding a gun to their head, i've heard they're bad like that, forcing these acts to sell albums...

Cheers

Stuart

Guest allsystemsfail
"What with their jump to Epitaph a little while ago' date=' I guess I really shouldn't be surprised by this latest move."

whats wrong with epitaph?...[/quote']

Since you'd asked me a direct question, I thought I'd address it. There is really little difference in Epitaph's operations with those of a major. It's releases are distributed in Asia via Sony.

And that folks was my last post here. I ain't just talkin bout this thread, but about this board. That's all. Take me out of here.

Since you'd asked me a direct question' date=' I thought I'd address it. There is really little difference in Epitaph's operations with those of a major. It's releases are distributed in Asia via Sony.

And that folks was my last post here. I ain't just talkin bout this thread, but about this board. That's all. Take me out of here.[/quote']

see ya then. although i agreed with little (nothing) you said youve been interesting and obviously passionate about whatyou believe in

xx

1)you were wearing vans' date=' fact

2)you bought your converse CTs AFTER the Nike debacle.

we share a common friend you see, and i have inside info meaning my facts are both straight and true, whereas you look like a bit of a fake now, dont you? on one hand you go spouting off about all your various punk does and donts then behind closed doors you dress in gap joggers and a fur coat dancing about to the new darius record(maybe a bit over the top but you know EXACTLY what i mean).[/quote']

You're full of shit i know the facts, you on the other hand DON'T

Who is the idiot now? heh

i've checked with them and they said they had had enough of your antics and it was cool for me to reveal their identity...

potatotank.jpg

you may believe him to be made up but the important thing is i know he's real' date=' and a better friend to me than you.

glad you took the time to chat to me again dave, i missed you mate.[/quote']

This clearly demonstrates that you are a nasty little man who needs a life, you're full of shit.

Just fuck off really with your ignorance and take it elsewhere asshole

once at drakes during a broken oath gig everyone was doing 'serious' hardcore dancing' date=' very gently and safely.to combat this i made point of a)pushing as much people i could in true 'metal mosher' fashion and b)giving anyone who came close to me a proper dead arm.between these moves i spun round as fast as i could, swinging my arms with abandon, shouting.i also pointed my fingers but i do that seriously from time to time during beatdowns.at one point the person i believe to be you was right next to me, but i chose not to give you a dead arm as you looked like the type that would cry.next time, you get a scoop slam/spinebuster.thats properly having a dig at someone.maybe even a tombstone.

for the record i would also do this to angry dave.[/quote']

Yet again you display in public how much of a loser you are, aswell as in this forum, gee i really don't think anyone could be a bigger loser than you. So ignorant, heh all your pals must be assholes aswell.

Anyone who uses violence is a loser full stop, make you feel better big man bringing other people down simply down to the fact that you own pitifull existence is meaningless.

People should feel sorry for you but then again you don't deserve it.