aberdeen-music

Hot Water Music playing out with New Found Glory

Guest allsystemsfail

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep' date=' Hot Water Music are gonna be hitting the road with NFG Feb. next year. What's next for the guys? A support slot for McFly perhaps?[/quote']

Tut tut :moody: , i expect better from you. Ever wonder how many New Found fans will get into HWM *cough* and better music? It can only benifit all envolved, and besides there are far worse bands out there that HWM might have ended up with (*insert here*). Peace.

Martin C x

Guest allsystemsfail
you're such a fucking tool.

youre so so so boring. need a life mate.

this crusade of yours is PATHETIC

nite nite

NOT SCOTT POSTING

Why so abusive?

I need a life? Why? Because I express what I believe, and do so strongly? Look man, I say what I think. Apparently that's a crime round here.

Guest allsystemsfail
Ever wonder how many New Found fans will get into HWM *cough* and better music? It can only benifit all envolved' date=' and besides there are far worse bands out there that HWM might have ended up with (*insert here*). Peace.

Martin C x[/quote']

Indeed, that is true. However, there are standards to consider. What with their jump to Epitaph a little while ago, I guess I really shouldn't be surprised by this latest move.

Indeed' date=' that is true. However, there are standards to consider. What with their jump to Epitaph a little while ago, I guess I really shouldn't be surprised by this latest move.[/quote']

Hot Water Music are still musically strong today as they have ever been. they've never released a "filler" album, and are still one of the finest live bands out there. Doesn't really matter what label they are on, that is irrelevant. It's their passion for music and the respect they give to their fanbase that counts.

Martin C x

Guest allsystemsfail
im confused allsystemsfail. did you like HWMs music? or just their punk credentials?

Bout the band themselves? Ain't got any feelings bout them one way or the other. However, I'm disappointed that a once respected punk outfit would choose to go out on the road with a band such as NFG.

Guest allsystemsfail
Hot Water Music are still musically strong today as they have ever been. they've never released a "filler" album' date=' and are still one of the finest live bands out there. Doesn't really matter what label they are on, that is irrelevant. It's their passion for music and their fanbase that counts.

Martin C x[/quote']

If we're talkin bout punk, it is not irrelevant.

If we're talkin bout punk' date=' it is not irrelevant.[/quote']

But I wasn't talking about punk, i was talking directly about HWM's music and loyal fanbase, and the fact that a more younger/pop punk fanbase will be exposed to a talented and established band, and hence be open to a more open music scene than they are used to. It doesn't really matter in that scenario what type of label is envolved.

Martin C x

Bout the band themselves? Ain't got any feelings bout them one way or the other. However' date=' I'm disappointed that a once respected punk outfit would choose to go out on the road with a band such as NFG.[/quote']

I really don't want an argument, but WHY? Why the disappointment? A chance for more fans - and I do realise it's about more than that (underground 4 lyfe!) - is not such a bad thing. It's like you're stereotyping NFG fans here. Hell, maybe dozens of them are actually HWM fans themselves, so there's a chance to see them that they perhaps wouldn't have got before.

I take it you won't be going to see them then? I would've but there's no Scottish dates this time.

Guest allsystemsfail
But I wasn't talking about punk' date=' i was talking directly about HWM's music and loyal fanbase, and the fact that a more younger/pop punk fanbase will be exposed to a talented and established band, and hence be open to a more open music scene than they are used to. It doesn't really matter in that scenario what type of label is envolved.

Martin C x[/quote']

But HWM are a punk outfit, and so their actions should be considered on that basis. I do appreciate where you're coming from, but I disagree.

Guest allsystemsfail
i forget them cos they mean nothing to me. im a music fan' date=' not a politician

so, to me, it doesnt matter, and i think you're wrong and youve wasted your life[/quote']

You cannot consider the punk community without also considering its politics - the beliefs that make it what it is.

And I'm sorry, but what does being a politician have to do with this?

And my wasting my life? What are you talking about?

But HWM are a punk outfit' date=' and so their actions should be considered on that basis. I do appreciate where you're coming from, but I disagree.[/quote']

You've got a point on one hand, but to be honest who knows what the younger NFG fans will make of HWM, hopefully they will get into mature punk music and maybe look into the political side of things as well as an added bonus.

Martin C x

Guest allsystemsfail
You've got a point on one hand' date=' but to be honest who knows what the younger NFG fans will make of HWM, hopefully they will get into mature punk music and maybe look into the political side of things as well as an added bonus.

Martin C x[/quote']

Sure, I ain't gonna deny that such a thing is possible. But you gotta draw the line somewhere.

Coz they suck? What these guys pass off as punk is a joke.

A bit harsh really, I'm sure there are people who think HWM equally suck or maybe some of the punk outfits you listen to. At the end of the day they play music that they want to, and people who listen to them do so cause we all have a right to have particular taste in music.

Martin C x