aberdeen-music

local release of the year!

Guest stuartmaxwell

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fangs for all the SMM votes, folks. We really appreciate it, and are dead (ho ho) chuffed with it considering it was a mere 2 days recording time in the making. Biggest thanks have to go to Dr Deleto at Captain Toms for recording/engineering/mixing/mastering it with us!!

My vote goes to My Minds Weapon for "This is Revenge". Can't say their music is my kinda thing, but a better recorded and produced set of songs from a local act I've yet to see. I think they answered a lot of the local pissant critics with that release.

Guest stuartmaxwell
Bah Bah Black sheep...

Dedalus/Politik split.... it's actually in with my *real* cd pile of *real* bands... whoa!

shut it freak

your gettin it on thursday night

a right kicking

My vote goes to My Minds Weapon for "This is Revenge". Can't say their music is my kinda thing' date=' but a better recorded and produced set of songs from a local act I've yet to see. I think they answered a lot of the local pissant critics with that release.[/quote']

Their new release will go beyond it. Heard one track off it... it's amazing.

Guest Zeenat Aman
You mean there were actual finished versions of the songs?

No' date=' he means that even in their incomplete form, he plays the CD often and rates the [i']Sundaram demos as being as good as his other favourite albums of the year.

Much like my favourite release of the last few years has been the Giles, Giles & Fripp CD of demo's recorded in the living room of 93a Brondesbury Road, London in 1968 on a 2 track Revox reel to reel tape machine!

:)

No' date=' he means that even in their incomplete form, he plays the CD often and rates the [i']Sundaram demos as being as good as his other favourite albums of the year.

Well that's quite a compliment indeed then.

I'd be listening to that more if Sharon hadn't stolen it cruelly from me. :rolleyes:

It's not my "thang" darling... it's never left its wrapper and is safe as houses in my flat.

Come and collect it anytime (that I'm here)