aberdeen-music

muthafuckin christmas, muthafuckas! the gig to end all christmas gigs!

The Ghost Of Fudge

thursday night in drakes (23rd dec)

FUDGE'S XMAS BASH

PROJECT: VEN HELL! (best newcomer nominees) they'll be playing the xmas song they wrote for the fudge xmas cd, and have "other suprises" i'm forbidden to tell you about. they're a noisy sort of bunch (think masamune shafting at the drive in). hey, when they played their debut gig in drakes, someone slashed their arm in a 15 person pile-up, and yet another dislocated his shoulder. the later they go on, the drunker they'll be...

THE KITCHEN CYNICS! (best of the rest nominees) folk music, but not the kind you're thinking of. probably. we're not sure if just alan cynic will be showing, or if he'll have a band or accomplice with him. we don't care! it'll be great. expect him/them onstage around 9.30ish. let me remind you, the kitchen cynics use swearing in folk songs, which makes them punk rock. confused yet?

ASIAN MORISSETTEE! (best extreme act nominee) however the fuck you spell it. i know that's wrong, so don't bother correcting me. if i cared, i'd have looked it up. asian has been nominated as best extreme act. "why 'extreme'?" people keep asking us. come along and find out, we mutter darkly.

EMMA FORMAN! fudge. bad karma's emma. who'd have thought this would ever happen....

emma will be along about 10ish to sing whispery xmassy love songs (we like to imagine). anyway, we're looking forward to it.

plus? fudge djs and alun elizium tbc spinning the sort of tunes you'd expect from fudge at christmas.

plus! a flashing sign!

plus! the new fudge xmas cd (see elsewhere for details) will be available.

plus! you can vote in the fudge awards!

*breathes*

what a line up :)

Guest stuartmaxwell
And Fudge forgot to use the unique selling point of this being the legend that is Hog's first acoustic date with Emma !!

Worth the price of admission alone !!!!

it had better be

looking forqward to being in drakes again

looking fwd to project ven hell, my first experience it will be.

oi korva tina'tuna, you owe me a drink :up:

Guest neil ex
it had better be

looking forqward to being in drakes again

looking fwd to project ven hell' date=' my first experience it will be.

oi korva tina'tuna, you owe me a drink :up:[/quote']

Aye, there'll be a few members of GOFONES present. Hopefully we won't have a repeat performance of our recent trip to Nice n Sleazys, that was a nightmare..

Apparently Joss' chess board is still in Drakes. I got the blame from Mike (Interesting Music) for Andy and Brian playing when they were supposed to be 'working'!

del boy are you gonna be there?quality!

itll be great to catch up with a pint and talk a lot about football manager

dont.mention.sleazys.gig.again

gah! :down:

sadly not, have finished with aberdeen on a permanent basis! will be there in spirit mind!

finished 9th in the end on football manager, also signed ex rangers donkey bert konterman on a free, should be good enough for cambridge as the defence needs strengthening!

thursday night in drakes (23rd dec)

THE KITCHEN CYNICS! (best of the rest nominees) folk music' date=' but not the kind you're thinking of. probably. let me remind you, the kitchen cynics use swearing in folk songs, which makes them punk rock. confused yet?

[/quote']

It will be a solo Cynic, with guitarette and baby Casio. :band:

To keep the Ghost Of Fudge happy I have worked out a set with at least one "pish" or "fuck" in every song. :moody:, even my Hog tribute "Hog is God", which I am excited about performing in the Hogmeister's presence (as an extended remix) :music:

For fans of the lovely Philip Johnston (aka Sundaram/Cat Food), I will be including my song about all the ways he could die before me! :up:

On the offchance Psydoll will be in attendance I promise to dress up for the occasion, and only fart ina seductive fashion. :kiss:

I will haul along a few copies of the new CD' date='(free one for you, Shaun) and one or two of the hard-to-findTom Rapp tribute (which has Thurston Moore, Bardo Pond, Black Forest/Black Sea, Tom Rapp himself etc alongside the Kitchen Cynics). :cheers:[/quote']

ah lovely!

...and you shall be rewarded with The Homeless EP when it arrives.

or gets recorded.