aberdeen-music

lights?

POISON

You'd better get someone who really knows what they're doing then. The only way I can see of doing it is by removing the fretboard, drilling holes for the LEDs and routing channels for the cables. Once that's all back together you would have to rout an additional hole for the battery and a switch on the body of the guitar.

it's a pretty hefty price for stuff like that. it'd be 300 for my stingray if i only wanted the face done and 400 for the top too. i considered getting one of the warwicks with that as standard (like your boy from the bizkit plays!) but decided against it in the end.

it would be a pretty cool thing to get though! i've just been looking at the gallery and the guitars and basses look pretty mint with them fitted! the new purple lights would be sweet on my bass.

i've got a bricker!

spoonie

X

obviously. I dunno what kind of LED's they'd use though, if they used LED's in some kind of flat topped casing then it would be pretty flush and probably wouldn't bother you in the slightest.

Standard LED's would be really fucking annoying though.

Originally posted by lime

no matter how flush it is, theres still going to be a hole in the fretboard...

is there a hole for your finger to fall into on normal fret dots? what difference would it make if there is a light behind the dot?

i dont actually see the point for led's...i dont even see the point in having fret dots.

Originally posted by M.A.R.T:

is there a hole for your finger to fall into on normal fret dots? what difference would it make if there is a light behind the dot?

i dont actually see the point for led's...i dont even see the point in having fret dots.

i was corrected, i was assuming it'd use a normal led, without a flat top, like a round top, which im sure youll agree would be really irritating.

i guess the point of fret dots is for beginners to find it easier to make their way around the kneck, and the assumption that everyone used that as a beginner makes all guitars have it just for ease of play and convention, its not really a major issue really.

yeah but surely they should be incouraging people to judge the frets by the dots on the side and not the fretboard. youd end up holding the guitar in a really weird way if you relied on the fretboard dots.

i also never got the point of people paying attention to the wood on the fretboard and then getting massive pearl inlays. doesnt that defeat the purpose of getting maple, mahogany etc...?

i know what you mean, iv actually seen a few people play that hold it up like that so they can see the fretboard, it looks silly, people grow out of it naturally though, they sort of know it looks silly, its just a learning process.

the mother of pearl things just a posh thing i guess, makes it look nice, and expensive.

:/ my acoustic has pearl inlays, but its a top range guitar, i didnt get it because it had pearl, i got it because its amazing. i think.