aberdeen-music

lights?

POISON

Originally posted by Tav:

The LED's are not only flat topped but can come in shapes....e.g the W on the top of a warwick bass. I just want something at the 12th fret...custom jobby.

You can get flat topped ones though... but the flat top is just an outer casing... the LED itself tends to usually appear in standard bulb form.

Goodluck with your custom jobby though, youb betta take a picture of it, punk.

Originally posted by Lester Burnham:

You can get flat topped ones though... but the flat top is just an outer casing... the LED itself tends to usually appear in standard bulb form.

Goodluck with your custom jobby though, youb betta take a picture of it, punk.

I think you read it wrong, I know you get flat ones. :dunce:

I think I'll just do it all myself, cut out the shape on finger board...wire up some LED's but a little bit of shaped plastic over it in a cool colour...put in a 555timer to get it too flicker too lol. Maybe a bird shape like a PRS....mmmm

Originally posted by Tav:

I think you read it wrong, I know you get flat ones. :dunce:

I think I'll just do it all myself, cut out the shape on finger board...wire up some LED's but a little bit of shaped plastic over it in a cool colour...put in a 555timer to get it too flicker too lol. Maybe a bird shape like a PRS....mmmm

Apolgies, I'm shattered... just had 4 fecking job interviews this week and start work next week.

Moi = knackered. Thats my excuse.

But still.... goody luck :)

Originally posted by M.A.R.T:

yeah but surely they should be incouraging people to judge the frets by the dots on the side and not the fretboard. youd end up holding the guitar in a really weird way if you relied on the fretboard dots.

i also never got the point of people paying attention to the wood on the fretboard and then getting massive pearl inlays. doesnt that defeat the purpose of getting maple, mahogany etc...?

well for a start a good quality mohogany lets your fret board last a lifetime. its naturals oils protect from the acidity if sweat, also the pressure of the fingers on the strings. get a fretboard made of pine or spruce... in a year of playng you have groovs so deep that it'll become unplayable.

second a guitar also has an aestetic factor, shape, colour are part of a player taste and why not axtending that taste to the inlays? i've got a Y on my 12th (i'll let you alll wander why) i wanted it because has a meaning. but even if not it looks cool

Guest red bull
Originally posted by YETI:

well for a start a good quality mohogany

MAHOGANY?!?! You really shouldn't buy anything made from mahogany as it comes from very old and un-replaceable forests.

fret markers also make it easier to figure out what other people are playing. as they provide reference points on the neck for you to quickly see where someone's fingers are. That's the only useful reason I can think of for experienced guitarists to need fret markers.