aberdeen-music

Bullet For My Valentine?

medichi

Guest Tam o' Shantie

it's just another carbon copy modern day 'emo' band. seriously awful. since moving back with my rents this is the only kind of pish that adorns the music channels.

i am not being funny - they literally sound the same.

'old school' metal riffs. (see also wearing Iron Maiden Tshirts for 'old school' credibility)

bad screaming. (the kind found in fake hardcore)

singing in the chorus.

it just sounds like nu-metal with a twist to me, yet it's taken seriously and worshipped by millions, and every single fucking band sounds more or less the same?! what the fuck. stop it! i pity the fools who started this trend, they probably thought they were doing something fresh but have faded into obscurity somewhere along the way.

unfortunately i spent money on the ep which i think is pretty terrible.

I don't know why everybody compares them with machine head etc

THEY ARE NOTHING LIKE MACHINE HEAD!!!

more like lost prophets with better riffs (but still shite). I hate the whole image thing.

screaming is nothing like fake hardcore (whatever that means)

and also i don't know why it shows you the other guitarist and bassist screaming one liners in the video when it is clearly the one vocalist that does all the screaming.

as i've said before, imagecore pish biatch!!!

and also i don't know why it shows you the other guitarist and bassist screaming one liners in the video when it is clearly the one vocalist that does all the screaming.

as i've said before' date=' imagecore pish biatch!!![/quote']

Actually it IS all three of them that sing. ;)

I saw them live and thought they were fucking amazing. A lot more extreme than on record, and they really came across like early machine head, but more marketable. I'd say a cross between the lostprophets and killswitch (in fact one of the riffs in track 5 is a total rip off of rose of sharyn...)

I've got the EP and think track 3 is pretty weak. Really like the other tracks though. Also the production on it is unbelievable. It sounds PHAT AS FUCK. I wish they'd maybe write music that was a little less pop structured though, they don't really think outside the box.

I don't really see how they are Imagecore? Just because they don't have an ugly frontman who does nothing but scream hardly justifies calling them that!

I think loads of people will instantly hate them because they are so marketable... like when FFAF got famous, but I'm not fussed. They've got good riffs, good vocals and some decent songs so I like them.

actually the one line in that particular song where it shows you both of them scream at different times is just the one vocalist on recording. i think that is pathetic.

and its not the singer i'm talking about. i was talking about the band as a whole.

It reminds me of the shit Atreyu video for their recent song, they are all taking turns at looking exta cool in their video with the screamer miming all the crap singing words. i also think that is pathetic.

As music goes i think they have some pretty ok riffs, but nothing special and i cant see any comparison to machine head

ok...

in response to a few people on here.

"angel o' death," ALex from atreyu aint miming the singing bits...you see the drummer singing them but Alex is just singing along in the video...like he does when they play live he mouths the words...just like i do when someone else in my band sings or screams...like alot of frontmen do! In the atreyu video, they arent trying to pass alex off as singing the melodic parts. I think its obvious to be honest.

Jim (new disorder,) what is your problem with everything GOOD musically nowadays. Basically it seems to me that if something is pretty good then you dont like it. Its sad man. What do you listen to nowadays: Death threat and stretch armstrong?? Nothin personal...just what i see really.

Dan: Views are spot on about BFMV. I find the structures of the songs quite refresing though. Simple is refreshing nowadays sopmetimes.

NOT SCOTT

ok...

in response to a few people on here.

"angel o' death' date='" ALex from atreyu aint miming the singing bits...you see the drummer singing them but Alex is just singing along in the video...like he does when they play live he mouths the words...just like i do when someone else in my band sings or screams...like alot of frontmen do! In the atreyu video, they arent trying to pass alex off as singing the melodic parts. I think its obvious to be honest.

Jim (new disorder,) what is your problem with everything GOOD musically nowadays. Basically it seems to me that if something is pretty good then you dont like it. Its sad man. What do you listen to nowadays: Death threat and stretch armstrong?? Nothin personal...just what i see really.

Dan: Views are spot on about BFMV. I find the structures of the songs quite refresing though. Simple is refreshing nowadays sopmetimes.

NOT SCOTT[/quote']

Well, "not" scott ;)

It's not that simple is bad, I just feel with a band so metal yet marketable as BFMV... if they would've stayed away from the simple structures - most of these people wouldn't be slagging them off, because it does make them come across as being a pop metal band.

(in fact one of the riffs in track 5 is a total rip off of rose of sharyn...)

i thought that myself...i was wondering how many ppl notice. phil was singing rose of sharyn when they played it last nite. i really like the band. got em on just now actually!

"angel o' death' date='" ALex from atreyu aint miming the singing bits...you see the drummer singing them but Alex is just singing along in the video...like he does when they play live he mouths the words...just like i do when someone else in my band sings or screams...like alot of frontmen do! In the atreyu video, they arent trying to pass alex off as singing the melodic parts. I think its obvious to be honest.

NOT SCOTT[/quote']

beat me to it...i

anyways both bullet for my valentine and atreyu were awesome last night!

Jim (new disorder' date=') what is your problem with everything GOOD musically nowadays. Basically it seems to me that if something is pretty good then you dont like it. Its sad man. What do you listen to nowadays: Death threat and stretch armstrong?? Nothin personal...just what i see really.

[/quote']

Well Ben, (I assume) perhaps it's just that our views don't quite match on what we regard as 'good' music. We have very diffrent tastes - I don't like most of your 'nu-core' bands(BFMV, Atreyu, etc etc) and you don't like much old-school-esque hardcore (Minor Threat, Bane etc etc).

I think we can leave it at that...

Well Ben' date=' (I assume) perhaps it's just that our views don't quite match on what we regard as 'good' music. We have very diffrent tastes - I don't like most of your 'nu-core' bands(BFMV, Atreyu, etc etc) and you don't like much old-school-esque hardcore (Minor Threat, Bane etc etc).

I think we can leave it at that...[/quote']

And Ben (if it IS Ben) - you like some fucking AWFUL bands.......

I like Atreyu, mind.....

Personaly' date=' they're god awful. I don't know which is worse them, or all the new fangled

Atreyu style bands.[/quote']

oh really...who are these bands you speak of?

Ill check em out cos ill probably love them. considering they wont talk about pure shit in the the lyrics and actually be heavy while still retaining some sense of a melody.

NOT SCOTT