aberdeen-music

Fear Factory Glasgow 11/12/2004

April Ethereal

What a fantastic night. Due to Shadows Fall pulling out Mnemic were moved to main support and a second support act were added to the bill but with a distinct lack of charisma and crowd participation, End of Everything were instantly forgettable. Mnemic came on brimming with energy and enthusiasm and only let go of it to admire respect to the late great Dimebag Darrell after the crowd chanted PANTERA! Fear Factory arrived shortly afterwards with the words RIP DBD on their PA and a picture of the great man.

The set-list read:

Slave Labor

Cyberwaste

Shock

Edgecrusher

Demanufacture

Self Bias Resistor

Martyr (Dedicated to Dimebag)

Bite The Hand That Bleeds

Archetype

Drones

Scapegoat

Replica

They didnt look like 100% effort was being put in but that was entirely understandable after the Dimebag tradgedy and perhaps an element of fear over a copycat act after they were involved in the controversial break-up then reunion WITHOUT founding member Dino Cazares. On the whole though fantastic gig. Cant wait to see Megadeth in the same venue in 3 months time!!!!!

as much of a FF fan as i am' date=' Mnemic acted like the headliners. Fear Factory just didnt seem interested (but as was said before this was prob due to dime's death)[/quote']

As much as i like Fear Factory, playing for just over an hour isn't really good enough for a major band.

As for playing there Nirvana cover in an already short set ( not listed above :) ) thats not big or clever either.

That said i thought they were excellant live.

Didn't like Mnemic as the vocalists voice seemed to grate, although it might have just been the sound mix where i was standing, musically they were quite good thou.

What?!?!?! It was twenty feet high' date=' and set fire to the shop next door to the barras! Caused the doors to be delayed in openeing until the fire marshal arrived and declared it safe![/quote']

Didn't notice that at all, maybe we were running late but i dont think so as i saw the whole Stabbing Westward set - very strange indeed!!!!!!