aberdeen-music

The Delays

Marillionboy

I just remembered that Stuart said you were a huge IQ fan, and that I listened to some of their songs that night so I could discuss them!! I actually only have two tracks of theirs, but I have heard the newest album and thought it was pretty good, although I'm not sure about the vocals. I'll give them another try though, which albums would you recommend?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other nicest man in prog along with Ant Phillips and Peter Nicholls...

Keith thing will be absolutely amazing...when is it gonna be!!!!

As for IQ Bodast...I'd say The Wake and Subterranea for sure...they have a Phil Collins period with Are You Sitting Comfortably when a different singer joined briefly. Their first album, Tales from the Lush Attic, was recorded in 1983 in 3 days and is brilliantly rough and ready too! Seventh House was a let down but yet contained two of their best ever songs! Not so taken with the new album though...

The other nicest man in prog along with Ant Phillips and Peter Nicholls...

Keith thing will be absolutely amazing...when is it gonna be!!!!

As for IQ Bodast...I'd say The Wake and Subterranea for sure...they have a Phil Collins period with Are You Sitting Comfortably when a different singer joined briefly. Their first album' date=' Tales from the Lush Attic, was recorded in 1983 in 3 days and is brilliantly rough and ready too! Seventh House was a let down but yet contained two of their best ever songs! Not so taken with the new album though...[/quote']

The Keith gig is on the 18th June, and hopefully early in the New Year then we'll be hopefully confirming some bigger bands, including some neo-prog band from Aylesbury if they are up for it.

Cheers

Stuart

I haven't read that book for years' date=' someone ran off with my copy of it! Fish told me Keith was also where he first had a knife pulled on him...is it me or was Scotland definitely less friendly in the Seventies, when so many places seemed to resemble Peter McDougall dramas?[/quote']

Depends where you are i suppose, i still feel scared going to any gigs at the Barras ;)

I'm sure anyone thats worked with Fish has felt like pulling a knife on him ;)

Cheers

Stuart

• 2 weeks later...
Guest neil ex

I randomly went to see a bit of The Delays at TIT Park last year. They were playing in the X-Tent and I thought it was a girl singing until the singer spoke to the audience. That's all I can actually remember about their set. They were ok though I thought, but I only stayed for about fifteen minutes.

I quite like that new song by them at the moment.