aberdeen-music

Christian Bands?

Alkaline

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah' date=' but in Genesis 2:16-17 God gives Adam, and therefore the whole human race, freedom to act as he pleases, but also commands him not to eat from the tree of knowledge. In disobeying God, he sinned against Him and condemned humanity to seperation from God. Free will was a gift from God, but it is God's prerogative to intervene in mankind's affairs.

Simple for you, perhaps, but not for those for whom Christ and His resurrection are a reality. Those books are filled with the accounts of those who have an understanding of God different to you and I, and for them the question of free will versus predestination is massively complex.

I could recommend some helpful texts on the subject if you like...[/quote']

If people believe in Christ and his resurrection but still have a problem with the massively complex free will versus predetermination problem I suggest they look up Genesis 2:16-17.

Any other theological problems you'd like cleared up while I'm here?

16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

does that mean "get fat, and uneducated"...I see where the US is going with this then...

I like Norma Jean' date=' the first 4 ZAO records, 7Angels7Plagues, Edict of Milan, Spirit of versailles, Sinking Steps....Rising Eyes and a few other outwardly Christian bands.

Im a very anti-christian. Anti-religion actually. but im also anti fascist and anti-nazi, so it would be hypocritical of me not to listen to these bands because of their views when people clearly know that I listen to bands liek Graveland, Burzum and Mayhem.

Its just music, Im not gonna take their lyrics or views to heart, so fuck it, as long as it sounds good, its good.[/quote']

So right...

Although...I don't agree with you on Zao...I really dislike that band...

But fair do's...you like what you like...and that is cool...

Guest Jake Wifebeater
To stray is a sin and one that must be repented.

Oh, is that a fact? And who the fuck are you to say so? I'm sure his Lordship finds it amusing to know that you are so easily cowed into submission and obedience. I like to live guilt-free, so don't come it. If you shove something down people's throats, they tend to vomit after a while.

Oh' date=' is that a fact? And who the fuck are you to say so? I'm sure his Lordship finds it amusing to know that you are so easily cowed into submission and obedience. I like to live guilt-free, so don't come it. If you shove something down people's throats, they tend to vomit after a while.[/quote']

So just because Jimmy Jazz believes something you feel it necessary to belittle him, apathy and prejudice at it's finest ladies and gentleman. Wot ever happened to live and let live? It shocks me as to how narrowminded some people on here i used to credit with intelligence can be.

i am intigued on how worked up people get on this.

Religion in any form affects all our lives. We either follow it' date=' fear it, dispise it because we cannot understand it or we just have no time for it.

I am not a devotee to religion but i do believe in something else being there.

On the side of healthy christian bands,

Kato are good, [url']http://k.kato.com/pages/home.html

as is Luna Halo http://www.lunahalo.com/luna/news.htm

Indigo Echo http://www.indigoecho.com/minisite/index.htm

all of whom do not force a message but tell of how they are influenced by a higher being .

Interesting ?

:band:

and Punk is Dead its become A close-minded, self-centered social club

Ideas don't matter, it's who you know

If the music's gotten boring

It's because of the people

Who want everyone to sound the same

Who drive the bright people out

Of our so-called scene

'Til all that's left Is just a meaningless fad

So eager to please

Peer pressure decrees

So eager to please

Peer pressure decrees

Make the same old mistakes

Again and again,

Chickenshit conformist

Like your parents

:band:

alright aye merry christmas

Guest Jake Wifebeater
So just because Jimmy Jazz believes something you feel it necessary to belittle him' date=' apathy and prejudice at it's finest ladies and gentleman. Wot ever happened to live and let live? It shocks me as to how narrowminded some people on here i used to credit with intelligence can be.[/quote']

In the interests of consistency, I'm sure you will agree with me that it seems just a tad hypocritical that Allsystemsfail gets savaged by the usual pack of hyenas whenever he voices his beliefs but when someone voices religious beliefs then we have to respect them? Why is this the case? It seems it's OK for someone's politics to get decimated but religious belief should not be challenged. I think that's wrong. I wasn't motivated by apathy or prejudice, I thought it was sanctimonious drivel and that's why I challenged it.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
As have loads of other people' date=' have you read the thread?[/quote']

You again! Yeah, I have read the whole thing. I was singled out there, so I replied. And yes, it still seems to me that people's political beliefs get torn apart far more severely than religious beliefs. It seems that people are a bit more cautious in terms of criticising religion for fear of offending, and it shouldn't be this way. It's religion in GENERAL that's being criticised, not one specific one.

You again! Yeah' date=' I have read the whole thing. I was singled out there, so I replied. And yes, it still seems to me that people's political beliefs get torn apart far more severely than religious beliefs. It seems that people are a bit more cautious in terms of criticising religion for fear of offending, and it shouldn't be this way. It's religion in GENERAL that's being criticised, not one specific one.[/quote']

Yes me again....hope thats alright...

I agree with you, but dont feel anyone has pulled any punches....

I dont believe anyone has been displaying any radical religious belief on this thread, so why should we wade into them?

I am pretty non-religious but dont grudge anyone their beliefs....just so long as they arent selling it on my doorstep. You mentioned Allsystemsfail, and I dont see how you can compere his political leanings to this thread! after all, arent his beliefs by their very nature designed to cause a raised eybrow or two? his politics are quite radical, not at all like believing in an all powerful creator...

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Yes me again....hope thats alright...

I agree with you' date=' but dont feel anyone has pulled any punches....

I dont believe anyone has been displaying any radical religious belief on this thread, so why should we wade into them?

I am pretty non-religious but dont grudge anyone their beliefs....just so long as they arent selling it on my doorstep. You mentioned Allsystemsfail, and I dont see how you can compere his political leanings to this thread! after all, arent his beliefs by their very nature designed to cause a raised eybrow or two? his politics are quite radical, not at all like believing in an all powerful creator...[/quote']

Of course it's alright. Hello again!

Well, I thought I saw some pretty hardline, dogmatic, intolerant Catholicism which made me want to wade. Oh, I'm not comparing religion with anarchism, far from it, it just seems that people love to steam in to him when he expresses his opinions, far more so than anyone else on the boards. I've known ASF for years and he believes very passionately in it. I have some minor disagreements with him, sure, but he doesn't believe in it just to raise eyebrows, if that's what you mean (might have this one wrong).

Oh' date=' is that a fact? And who the fuck are you to say so? I'm sure his Lordship finds it amusing to know that you are so easily cowed into submission and obedience. I like to live guilt-free, so don't come it. If you shove something down people's throats, they tend to vomit after a while.[/quote']

Erm...i wasn't giving out a rule to live by myself i was correcting someone who misunderstood an important christian doctrine. But I do follow it, if i think the thing i've done is really bad enough to be considered a sin, which is where i deviate a bit from strict christian teachings. I like to live guilt-free also but the way to do this is not by denying my wrongdoings but limit my wrongdoings.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Erm...i wasn't giving out a rule to live by myself i was correcting someone who misunderstood an important christian doctrine. But I do follow it' date=' if i think the thing i've done is really bad enough to be considered a sin, which is where i deviate a bit from strict christian teachings. I like to live guilt-free also but the way to do this is not by denying my wrongdoings but limit my wrongdoings.[/quote']

Shit, I've done it again. Oh well.........

I don't really buy into this concept of sin, or "right" and "wrong". Just do what you enjoy, life's too short to worry about wrongdoings. Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think.

he doesn't believe in it just to raise eyebrows' date=' if that's what you mean (might have this one wrong).[/quote']

No I wasnt suggesting that at all, but i'm sure that no one would aline themselves with such a radical political concept and not expect the odd argument.....ken fit a mean?

Guest Jake Wifebeater
No I wasnt suggesting that at all' date=' but i'm sure that no one would aline themselves with such a radical political concept and not expect the odd argument.....ken fit a mean?[/quote']

Perfectly true, which is why I'm trying to cut down on the political arguments, I just can't be bothered arguing about it when no-one's going to change my mind anyway, saves the hassle/blood pressure.