aberdeen-music

TONIGHT - THE DANCING SHOES ARE ONE - CAPDOWN + TWOFOLD + THE 44s @ MOSHULU

Ross

In my opinion i don't think that the capdown gig gives a lot of brownie points to the aberdeen atmospheres. I just don't understand people who think its alright to turn up just for the headline band' date=' its pretty narrow-minded. The 44s are one of the best live acts i've seen, but apart from about 6 people(4 of which were my flatmes and i)who were gettin into their set, the rest were just standin about like it was a wake. Pretty shitty i reckon.[/quote']

I wanted to concentrate on listening to their new material last night anyway. Just because you arent dancing around doesn't mean you aren't getting into the band

exactly. I don't get how so many people will go to see Capdown but when its bands like Caffeine and Howards Alias a bare minimum will turn up.

A) The majority of those gigs aren't promoted very well.

B) The bands aren't as good as CapDown.

C) Gigs like Caffeine are always on when there are better gigs on elsewhere in the city.

In my opinion i don't think that the capdown gig gives a lot of brownie points to the aberdeen atmospheres. I just don't understand people who think its alright to turn up just for the headline band' date=' its pretty narrow-minded. The 44s are one of the best live acts i've seen, but apart from about 6 people(4 of which were my flatmes and i)who were gettin into their set, the rest were just standin about like it was a wake. Pretty shitty i reckon.[/quote']

Fuck you, pal.

Who's narrow - minded? Maybe folk (like me) have ACTUALLY SEEN these bands before, think they are COMPLETLEY SHITE and don't want to see them. So they only turn up for the headline act, who they actually DO LIKE. So, like me, maybe some folk just turned up to see CapDown. Not narrow minded, It's just that I don't like having to stand through bands I don't like.

It's "pretty shitty" that you can't understand some folk just don't like these bands and would rather be doing something else when they are on. The venue's empty for a reason. Course it's "alright" for folk to turn up just to see the headline band - They have paid the full value of the ticket and are entitled to turn up whenever the hell they like. They are not fucking contractually obliged to watch all three or four bands in their entireity.

Big up to Ross for putting all the stage times on the forum - I find it really helps when you want to avoid a support band(s) you have seen before and would rather not have to stand through. It's worked for me for the recent Damned and CapDown gigs to great effect - Either that or just sit in the Bassment till you hear the music starting next door!

Hope you "understand" how it works now.

Marsh

exactly. I don't get how so many people will go to see Capdown but when its bands like Caffeine and Howards Alias a bare minimum will turn up.

Because Broken Sunshine are supporting :laughing:kidding

Johnny makes good points (except for the others not being as good as Capdown! Howard's Alias are a fantastic band, and just as exciting live as Capdown... so come and see them at the Moorings on the 4th of February!! This one will be promoted well)

The last time HA were up, yes The 44s were supporting, but a lot of folk buggered off after them. There was an OK amount of promotion. But take this for example - Sonic Boom Six at Kef last Friday. My thread aside, Paul put up a thread the day before with nothing about the band, and I didn't see any posters in town either. Luckily Unbroken Silence brought a bunch of friends along. So thank the Lord for Ross, Capdown posters were up since October, even round uni campus (but torn down the same day, oh dear!)

I was washing my hair that last time Caffeine were up.

I'd second Marsh on the seeing bands beforehand and not liking them - I'd rather sit in the Bassment and listen to a DJ/jukebox play tunes than stand through an act I didn't like. I would've loved to see The 44's personally but I detest people moaning that people aren't getting into bands at gigs. If I don't like the band or don't want to dance then it's up to me.

You can't regulate people's tastes lad ;)

From what I heard and the atmosphere at previous Aberdeen Capdown gigs people were going pretty tits for them so I don't think their gigs do any damage to the town's atmosphere at all.