aberdeen-music

Who all has splat metal...

CornTYP

Guest stripey
Originally posted by Spoonie

the fact of the matter was, this post wasn't about the work on their site, it was about the record which they released.

If that bothers you so much then what exactly does "criticising" my posts have to do with the CD or HMG for that matter?

In the words of dave_boy "get off your high horse" kids.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stripey
Originally posted by RicoAUBL

The funny thing is all of the music on the HMG Website was recorded LIVE - not in a studio

and then transferred into mp3

'Fuck you bitch' was recorded LIVE at Captain Toms

'Pervy' was recorded LIVE on a min-disc player at a gig (as far as i'm aware) i think it was at Drakes... could be wrong

so really your comments about the recording quality are seriously misguided.

If you listen to the mp3's and then listen to a properly recorded mp3 i.e a cd rip or something, you will notice there is huge disparity in volume levels. (i.e the volume is really really low)

Its pretty sloppy to take a recording, live or not, and not do any post-processing on it to make it respectable, it does you no favours. Neither does putting year old tunes up, if you are saying they don't reflect what the band is doing now.

I certainly hope the CD is recorded properly.

And yes, the singer sounds like the average drunken kareoke twat who thinks hes aberdeens answer to mick jagger.

I look forward to seeing some proper mp3's on your site in the future.

Guest stripey
Originally posted by Davey Boy

both the two vocalists in HMG play instruments at the same time as singing... try it! not easy!

Oh boo hoo, its "not easy". Its down to their mum to say "oh well done son, I know you are trying hard!".

Would you pay 4 quid for a CD or a live perfomance of a 8 year old kid playing a shitty rendition of twinkle twinkle little star on a recorder, and say "well done! You done your best! I know its difficult!"

The fact that something is difficult is no excuse for mediocre performance.

Guest neil ex
Originally posted by Davey Boy

both the two vocalists in HMG play instruments at the same time as singing... try it! not easy!

what sort of an excuse is that?

when i saw hot mangu live i thought the singer/guitarist sounded alot like cedric from atd-i, i thought he was alot better at singing than the singer/bassist who seemed to do most of the singing.

i think the problem was that the boy stripey came onto a post about a record which HMG and released and told them that the work on their website was shit. that's fair enough, it's his own opinion, but the fact of the matter was, this post wasn't about the work on their site, it was about the record which they released. if he doesn't want to buy it, that's entirely up to himself, but why come onto a thread about their record and tell them that the stuff on their website is shit?

it just looks like stripey's come on here to look for an argument which is something which happens all too often with his posts. he makes non-comstructive comments interweaved with constructive comments and then when you point this out, he makes out like you've taken the ball and gone home in a huff. the rocording quality of the work on their website is poo rwhich was a point he made, but as has been pointed out, telling someone that their singer is shit is not constructive.

what would be cnostructive would be to say:

stripey, your posts have been known to contain relevant arguments and valid points, however they are presented in such a way as to make you look arrogant and unnecessarily argumentative, which instantly makes people dislike you and ignore the more useful points you make. by being more careful about the way in which you approach topics and present arguments, perhaps your ideas would be taken on board a little more often.

spoonie

X

Another nail in the head! :)

just remember guys, as far as stripeys concerned "if it isn't on mp3 or vinyl, it doesnt exist" so as far as he sees it the billions of small silver discs scattered across the globe arn't actually real and therefore you shouldnt take any notice of them or the pleasure they bring.... in fact the only corner of the music business you should take heed of is the online digital music and the 'more obselete than CD' vinyl.... obviously.....

so yes, the 2 'offending' mp3's on the HMG site are (effectively) all there is to the band, so due to that and the fact they werent real recordings, Hot Mangu actually blow seven shades of ass! Obviously!

Master Briggs you are good at one thing it has to be said, bumping up the posts on various bands forums.....

Guest stripey
Originally posted by Rass

just remember guys, as far as stripeys concerned "if it isn't on mp3 or vinyl, it doesnt exist" so as far as he sees it the billions of small silver discs scattered across the globe arn't actually real and therefore you shouldnt take any notice of them or the pleasure they bring.... in fact the only corner of the music business you should take heed of is the online digital music and the 'more obselete than CD' vinyl.... obviously.....

so yes, the 2 'offending' mp3's on the HMG site are (effectively) all there is to the band, so due to that and the fact they werent real recordings, Hot Mangu actually blow seven shades of ass! Obviously!

Ah ok, so say for example, what if someone in another country, with no access to OneUP or HMG gigs, comes across the website and hears those 2 tunes?

Are they going to think "hrm these guys cant even encode an mp3 properly and the perfomance is a bit dodgy....oh well im sure they are actually really good!"

Of course they aren't. They are gonna think "this is a load of pish" and never come back to the site again and forget HMG forever.

It's simple common sense.

Originally posted by stripey

Ah ok, so say for example, what if someone in another country, with no access to OneUP or HMG gigs, comes across the website and hears those 2 tunes?

Are they going to think "hrm these guys cant even encode an mp3 properly and the perfomance is a bit dodgy....oh well im sure they are actually really good!"

Of course they aren't. They are gonna think "this is a load of pish" and never come back to the site again and forget HMG forever.

It's simple common sense.

you know thats exactly what happened when i visited your page

thanks to evryone who got the cd and its cool that even dudes who have not herd the cd think it's shit just to make them selves look like complete turds .it's good to hear uesful criticism but to do it just to make a seen is just some one who is bored and thinks that trying to piss us off is funny and that's cool if you whan't to look like a complete tit but if you what to talk about music and not just some bang bang bang look i did this on my computer shit we are about rock and if that's not you get the fuck off are board :cheers:

Guest stripey
Originally posted by Rass

thanks to evryone who got the cd and its cool that even dudes who have not herd the cd think it's shit just to make them selves look like complete turds .it's good to hear uesful criticism but to do it just to make a seen is just some one who is bored and thinks that trying to piss us off is funny and that's cool if you whan't to look like a complete tit but if you what to talk about music and not just some bang bang bang look i did this on my computer shit we are about rock and if that's not you get the fuck off are board :cheers:

Hey mate. If you cant take a realistic appraisal of your material, without throwing a tantrum, then don't bother putting it into the public domain, its that simple.

I'm giving you the very useful criticism that the tunes on your website give the impression that you got a drunken kareoke type singer, no production skills, and generally sound like a bunch of kids desperately trying to live out some rock fantasy.

Its for your own good.

"rock on beavis heheh heheh heh ehehehehehe heh"

damn right, that is a pretty useful appraisal. all they need to do is ditch the singer, pick up their production skills and sound unlike a bunch of kids desperately trying to live out some rock fantasy, and they'll be cooking on gas.

just as well captain stripey is here to oversee the wellbeing of the bands of aberdeen on the international stage!

spoonie

X

damn right, that is a pretty useful appraisal. all they need to do is ditch the singer, pick up their production skills and sound unlike a bunch of kids desperately trying to live out some rock fantasy, and they'll be cooking on gas.

just as well captain stripey is here to oversee the wellbeing of the bands of aberdeen on the international stage!

spoonie

X

i love stripey.

stripey is actually a composite virtual person devised to bump up board stats ( kind of like Thomas Pynchon, but completely different).

devised by who/m i don't know, but i have robin ramsey on the job....

(so bilderburg will probably come in somewhere. maybe stripey is actually gordon brown, overwhelmed by the time he met sandy, and now dedicated to a double life of board squatting and the massaging of stats........)