aberdeen-music

Id

Moshulu Rob

we now have application forms for citizen cards in the Bar of the Bassment and at the door in Moshulu.

All you need is to get a responsible person (Doctor, Dentist, Teacher/Tutor, Policeman, sheriff etc etc) to sign the form, send it off with a photo and 7 and you get photo id back in a week.

So you don't need to carry passport or driving license with you when you go out.

Which is nice

unfortunatly not many places accept citizen cards as ID, apparently they're too easy to fake.

Do you guys accept Aberdeen Uni student cards? they don' have the age on them but say in red writing if the person is under 18 and when their 18th birthday is.

Have you guys had a scare? Seems all of a sudden there's a big deal being made about ID at the bassment/moshulu

Seems all of a sudden there's a big deal being made about ID at the bassment/moshulu

Yeah we noticed that as well. Me and my friends are regulars and all of us 18, I drive and carry my drivers licence in my wallet so I was ok when they asked for id but one of my friends who doesn't drive or own a switch card (which along with passports they were asking to be used as id) but has a student card saying shes 18 wasn't allowed it. Just wondering what you do accept as id? I have my drivers licence all the time cos it lives in my wallet but if I ever used my passport then I doubt I would be let in because I was 14 when the pic was taken and I look nothing like I did then and I wouldnt want to risk taking it out with me.

H xx

I carry my driving liscense with me all the time when I go out... Although I only ever go out to Moshulu and have only been ID'd once in the year and a half that I have been going there (and that was two weeks ago!).

I've been ID'ed more times at the doors of moshulu since i turned 22 (about 3 weeks ago) than i have since i was 17... i'd also like to add this has nothing to do with with how busy it is or holidays/halloween or anything. Every time it has been the same bouncer, no matter how many fresh faced underagers there are about, every time he has pin-pointed me from a crowd of people, pulled me to one side and asked for id, every time i show him my same totally valid provisional licence, its really getting to the point i think he's just completely taking the piss, i know he must see alot of faces in an evening but the way he goes about it is just dodgy, plus if im so underage looking, why have i only been id'ed once before in all my (normally weekly) visits to the club. I only noticed the pattern last night that, in all my visits to shoolymu over the past month, the only time i havent been id'ed was on halloween when he wasnt on the door, but my path was blocked by an equally cocky bouncer, who kinda stood in my way, let a bunch of chicks who were behind me in then let me pass.

Sorry this could turn into a random rant but its really been gettin to me how i've been going to the club since the palace closed without a problem (with bouncers, as most of them have been fairly constant and sound, not necc nice but thats not in the job description, they do their job, which is cool) then a couple of new guys turn up with a total air of cockiness about them and it really leaves a nasty taste in my mouth regarding the place. Its not the first time i've had a run in of sorts with these new guys either, but we shalnt go into that just now as it's in the past, im just bothered there might be less-than-professionalism going on.

Sorry about the rant, i just needed that one off my chest, pissed me off royally.

Is it cos you is a dog?

Huh? *Glances at avatar* Oh... Hehe... That's my dog, Bob.

When I'm at work people think I'm a lot older than I actually am (I'm 20 going on 21 next month). But when I go to moshulu, I think it's the baggy trousers and band T-Shirts that make me look younger!

Though it could be a purely random thing they do every so often just to make sure.

i'm in favor of the 'if you look under 21 please be able to prove you're over 18' thing.

I know i'm being slightly hypocritical, i got into various places when I was 17, but some places are taking the piss. I've seen my flat mates 14 year old sister in the bassment, getting served. by all means ID people, but please ask the bouncers to ID guys *and* girls.