aberdeen-music

Solabeat Alliance split.

Camie

This is why i dont miss gigs...

Statement from Trombone player of Solabeat Alliance

"First off theres been no dramatic feuds or tantrums really, it's simply led its natural course. A number of band members now just want to fully get on with other stuff in their lives. You can't commit to a band like this (with the amount of time it takes) whilst getting serious about other stuff: you have to downscale something. We always said with this band we would never allow it to regress or stagnate, there would always have to be progression. Currently we see little or no other opportunities for growing. with a drastically changing underground/independent scene and continued indifference from larger companies, coupled with no financial support and little to no structural help means our pockets are empty and our time is stretched too far for us to continue.

So this last tour is our farewell and I hope that everyone that has ever liked us will come to the remainder of the spunge shows; we have shit loads of merch that we need to sell to pay off our debts, so its all marked down! Come to the merch stand to flex your bartering muscles.

Oh yeah and to the pikey that gave us a fake scotch 20 in York, cheers mate!"

Sucks I missed their last show at Aberdeen.

Yeah, it's quite shit. I got to see all their Aberdeen gigs which were ace. They put on a smashing live performance, and they loved playing here. A nice bunch of guys too. Shame the Spunge tour isn't bringing them back up here one last time.

Oh well, I have my 3 CDs and hoddie as memorabilia. I wear it with pride!

• 2 months later...