aberdeen-music

50 Best Scottish Bands of All Time-New Talent

Graeme

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah' date=' you always get bands like those, most burn out on their stultifying sense of self-regard. Being bitchy, I'm glad Degrassi aren't on the list... when Subsistence (a band I was once associated with, but had nothing to do with, honest) played with them at the Lemon Tree they took a similar amount of time to soundcheck, taking 15min over the sound of the ride cymbal while the other bands patiently waited on, without any apology afterward...

Glad to say I reviewed them for the Glasgow Evening Times recently with Sluts of Trust, and thus able to note (and put into the article) that they have no songs of any note, no chance of any success, even with Bob from Idlewild (who I assume must still be on the booze)... I'd say revenge can be sweet, it wasn't really revenge though, just honesty (surprisingly for a journalist). Huzzah![/quote']

nice one

and thats the trouble with lists and stuff.....its a fact that bands mentioned in any list suddenly get a superiority complex and start insisting its their right to soundcheck as if they were U2 and treat all other non listed bands like shit ( because ''that Sony guy might turn up if he read the list!!'') *chortle*.......Seen enough of the fuckers do it.....tsh! Any non listed bands should now expect lots of waiting around while a 'list band' randomly fucks around for 2 hours before you get your 15 seconds to set up your sound right before you play....unfortunately this is the way muso wanker mentalities work (mostly)

same as every thing else in the world then

soundchecks are gay anyway.....we had to get used to not doing em anyway as soon as we got on some bills with erm, ''name'' *cough cough* bands.... its hideous to see Johnny Nobody and the Nobodies playing at rocks stars and treating fellow nobodies badly....its a small fucking world (but I wouldnt like to fucking paint it)

Spunkburger, egg, chips and beans. Brown Sauce.

nice one

and thats the trouble with lists and stuff.....its a fact that bands mentioned in any list suddenly get a superiority complex and start insisting its their right to soundcheck as if they were U2 and treat all other non listed bands like shit ( because ''that Sony guy might turn up if he read the list!!'') *chortle*.......Seen enough of the fuckers do it.....tsh! Any non listed bands should now expect lots of waiting around while a 'list band' randomly fucks around for 2 hours before you get your 15 seconds to set up your sound right before you play....unfortunately this is the way muso wanker mentalities work (mostly)

same as every thing else in the world then

soundchecks are gay anyway.....we had to get used to not doing em anyway as soon as we got on some bills with erm' date=' ''name'' *cough cough* bands.... its hideous to see Johnny Nobody and the Nobodies playing at rocks stars and treating fellow nobodies badly....its a small fucking world (but I wouldnt like to fucking paint it)

Spunkburger, egg, chips and beans. Brown Sauce.[/quote']

Ho ho ho

Our soundcheck outside aberdeen usually consists of shouting at the soundman

"Put the fucking synths at the same level as the vocals... yes... louder than the guitar.... yes... we know you won't do it... yes... you're an asshole.... thankyou."

Oh we are a bitter bunch, aren't we?

Fucking listy bands...

I thought it was amazing when we saw the forementioned "band" from my earlier post.... playing to about 10 people - people = drunken hicks - on the street the next day at a BBQ... saying 10 people is a tadge nasty.... there were some ducks too... and dead cow I suppose.

Bet they don't talk about that gig much. Listy Listy.

If you two are talking about GOFONES then you can fuck right off. I can't ever recall playing with Real Shocks' date=' but I wouldn't recall anyway.[/quote']

no, never heard of em! :up:

*edit*

you wanna play on saturday 11th @ the moorings with us? one more band needed, let me know if you can

Guest neil ex

Afraid we can't make that date, we won't be gigging for a while as we're very busy with other stuff right now. Maybe a gig in the future with The Videos though, I liked Real Shocks. Cheers.

Fucking post office, bunch of shits. I did send it, it was gold and said 'my mum says im special' on one side and a great big #1 on the other side.

I spent 2 years wages on it and it was hand crafted by jesus himself in the fires of mount doom..........

If it doesnt come a nasty letter will be sent on your behalf to the po with harsh words used such as 'you bunch of lazy jobbies'........

no' date=' never heard of em! :up:

*edit*

you wanna play on saturday 11th @ the moorings with us? one more band needed, let me know if you can[/quote']

I have that covered, dumbass.

:p

I'm in talks with those goddamn Politik kids. I love their asses.

Guest stuartmaxwell

yes

the videos could be a good addition to a future GOFONES show, could even borrow members! :)

we are gigging england in March, ill see if we can get you on a bill with us