aberdeen-music

Stuff to do on Saturday 30th October

SHAWN THE OX

Stuff to do on Saturday 30th October

We are proud to announce that Dr Drakes will be the venue of the official after show party of the live event Shift which is taking place in the castle gate that after noon between 4pm-9pm featuring live performances from

Staccato Set,

the Aberdeen- & Edinburgh-based twisted lords of lounge blues;

Kathryn Sawers,

a local artist whose sublime and breathless vocals are accompanied at times by hauntingly delicate and brutal piano;

Ursula Minor,

from Kilmarnock, with electronica, guitars, big beats and spine chilling vocals;

Kasule,

from Coatbridge providing beautifully crafted songs with cinematic soundscape.

This event is Free and will take place in a marquee complete with bar (which is not free)

The evenings entertainment care of the audio dropout boys will kick off @ 9:30 @ Dr Drakes with

The line up,

Rory McIntyre,

From Glasgow a young singer songwriter who will charm you with his melancholy style

Chris Murty,

Local solo artist who has his own unique style and is a refreshing change of pace

Amy Sawers,

Amy blends an outstanding voice with songs brimming with hooky melodies.

She draws from the influences you would expect, P.J. Harvey & Patti Smith

but also sights heavier bands such as Slayer and the stoner rock of Black Sabbath

as a driving force behind her sound. Ably backed by her outstanding rhythm section

she always delivers an entertaining show!

Doors 8pm to 1am

First act on 9:30pm

3.00 on the door

Thank you for your time

im really looking forward to all of this the Castle Gate event is such a good thing for the city culturally

Its like FREE AT THE DEE only good!

The Castlegate thing should be ace, and a post-C'gate Audio Dropouts will be the icing on the cake (or the batter on the white pudding, if, like me , you prefer savoury things).

I will be there.

(At both).

I enjoyed Chris and Amy at the LemonTree last night, and look forward to a bit of melancholia from Rory McIntyre.

What a splendid day, really cool & lots of fun

The castle gate event was brilliant I arrived late due to having to man the shop so I missed

The Staccato Set (bummer) but just arrived in time for the end of

Kathryn Sawers set who was wonderful and truly dark and wonderful

And it was so cool to hear Kasule thru a massive sound system in a big space epic

But I had to split down to Dr Drakes and help set things up for the evenings festivities

The evening was wonderful I had a great time

Rory McIntyre was great his first solo gig he did really well and played an excellent Smiths cover

A big thanks to Chris Murty

and a really big thanks to Amy, Euan and Dave whos set was blinding totally rocking I havent seen that many people dancing to a band for a while

And it was Amys first Dr Drakes gig long overdue

Thank you !

• 2 weeks later...

thanks to all

just wanted to say thanks to all that were there, all the snood boys had a ball from start to finish, thanks to shawn for his spendid hospitality and butteries, thanks to amy for letting me play her organ (hammond), thanks to kitchen cynic maestro alan for just being him and being all round great, we love u all dearly and cant wait to come back.

PS was just listenin to the new cynics album. sweet jesus its unbelieveable!!!!!!

Smoochies

xxxxxxxx

Alan the long-haired ivory tinkler.

(but not real ivory as i hate that kinda thing)

snoodtriangle@hotmail.com