aberdeen-music

NIN annoyances

HummerOfIntenseEvil

Damm the new cd should be out this year havent heard tho.

The dvd will be nice aswell tho' date=' didnt know about that[/quote']

I remember reading on teletext in January that the new NIN album would be out early this year! Ha!

I'm really excited about the DVD, even more so since I saw the video for Closer a while back for the first time.

Nothing new on it really. The new album's title won't be called bleedthrough, it's just away to be mixed, and they are planning to release it around 3/05.

I'm guessing that Closure will be released around the same time, which sucks. Ah, thats NIN for you I guess. Patience is a necessity.

At least he's not taking the piss to quite the extremes of Liam Howlett and Axl Rose I suppose.

i remember reading about some new Guns N Roses album being recorded about five or six years ago in the NME or Melody Maker or something, then next time i heard about it was about four years ago and they had given it a name and called it Chinese Democracy and even had a few track titles as well so i assuming from the way you're talking that this album has still not been released or is still being recorded?

its quite amusing to think its taken them that long, Radiohead and Massive Attack usually write about 30 songs on tour then work on them and bring out an album within the space of two years, or in Radiohead's case - two albums in the space of a year almost

how long does it take to record some dreadful pisspoor stadium rock anthems anyway?, a decade by the looks of things ;)

i remember reading about some new Guns N Roses album being recorded about five or six years ago in the NME or Melody Maker or something' date=' then next time i heard about it was about four years ago and they had given it a name and called it Chinese Democracy and even had a few track titles as well so i assuming from the way you're talking that this album has still not been released or is still being recorded?

its quite amusing to think its taken them that long, Radiohead and Massive Attack usually write about 30 songs on tour then work on them and bring out an album within the space of two years, or in Radiohead's case - two albums in the space of a year almost

how long does it take to record some dreadful pisspoor stadium rock anthems anyway?, a decade by the looks of things ;)[/quote']

From what I gather, he's written well over a hundred songs for the album, but he's never fucking happy. Buckethead quit because he was fed up with the lack of progress... presumably Robin Finck quit for similar reasons.

Velvet Revolver have released a fucking ace album, and Slash was the real reason folk loved GNR anyway, so Axl stands no chance now. Especially going by the quality of Madagascar, Silkworms, Oh My God and Rhiad And The Bedouins. They're nothing compared to the might of Slither by VR!

re:Guns and Roses

there was some talk about the album actually being pretty much done, every time i read Kerrap there's some 'unknown' who apparently is in GnR talking about how its ready etc.

Basically Axl is such an anal bastard and every 2 years or so he sacks his entire band (or they get bored waiting) and then the re-recording starts again.... the way i see it he could release the best album since Appetite and most people will just be so bored of the whole thing they won't be arsed. Fair enough if the album takes 10 years or whatever to write but theres no need to come out in the papers saying it's ready to go and get everyones hopes up every couple of years, arranging gigs and cancelling etc. I've lost all faith to be honest, added to the fact that the only real bit of GnR left in the band is the bit i despised the most.