aberdeen-music

Motley Fucking Crue Uk Tour!

medichi

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nikki Sixx is actually really fucking hot now that he's off the heroin once and for all' date=' Vince Neil's a fat bastard, Tommy Lee doesn't look too bad either, and Mick Mars has always and will always look 800 years old.

To me, Motley songs still get my heart going and make me wanna get up and dance. A lot of the stuff they did in like 2001 is actually really good and sounds relevant today. Stuff like Afraid and Hell on High Heels.

But when someone says they'd rather see The Beautiful South than Motley, I know their opinion doesn't count in a Motley discussion. :p[/quote']

is vince fat now?i just remeber seeing the enslaved video and he didnt look too great there oh well bit if a shame. does anyone know how micks back is these days? and YES! AFRAID such a great song...

now all we need is a poison tour *goes away and listens to look what the cat dragged in*

you see thats more like it' date=' a reasonable arguement in favour of the crue, shame it fell at the last hurdle with the reference to the beautiful south. not everyone's cup of tea granted but i think you'll find aforementioned beautiful south buff has every right to contribute to this discussion.[/quote']

that's why said sentence was accompanied by a sticky out tongue, to denote teasing sarcasm. although i still don't think you can compare the two bands by any stretch.

is vince fat now?i just remeber seeing the enslaved video and he didnt look too great there oh well bit if a shame. does anyone know how micks back is these days? and YES! AFRAID such a great song...

now all we need is a poison tour *goes away and listens to look what the cat dragged in*

he's been fat for a while. the video for primal scream is great because he's topless and so sucking in to no avail. fantastic viewing. anyone else see him guest starring on the chris isaak show?

aye i know! think it would make interesting debate....

the beautiful south vs motley crue

beautiful south would win every arguement apart from 'ability to create bad over the top tunes in a rock stylee whilst wearing big wigs and spandex' and 'visits to rehab'

does anybody know if there's a rock version of seminal card game top trumps available?

aye i know! think it would make interesting debate....

the beautiful south vs motley crue

beautiful south would win every arguement apart from 'ability to create bad over the top tunes in a rock stylee whilst wearing big wigs and spandex' and 'visits to rehab'

does anybody know if there's a rock version of seminal card game top trumps available?

i disagree. all beautiful south would win is dull MOR for middle aged folk.

I'll remember the comment that Vince Neil made to me 3 years ago at the NHRA Dallas race when the car I was working on was racing the Motley Crue sponsered car in the 1st raceday round... And I quote :

"Hah! If I ever get onstage with those guys again it'll need to involve one helluva paycheck!"

Ahem.

My first thought when I saw this thread was "God, they must be getting a bit short of cash"!!

Beautiful South? Would I go and see a band whose singer reads his lyrics at gigs? Not a hope in hell.....

yer i can just see nikki sitting with headphones on listening to the beautiful south...somehow i cant quite picture it.

dunno i could, i bet he listens to celine dion, dido, beautiful south and coldplay these days. if he can remember how to work that damn CD player of course!

My first thought when I saw this thread was "God' date=' they must be getting a bit short of cash"!!

Beautiful South? Would I go and see a band whose singer reads his lyrics at gigs? Not a hope in hell.....[/quote']

I've seen lots of bands whose singers do this, if you have a 20 year career and a lot of albums the chances are you will forget the words occasionally. I've seen Fish get it wrong, he's still an amazing singer, I saw video's where Freddie Mercury got it wrong, he was the best frontman ever. If thats how you judge the criteria of a good gig then you really need to re-evaluate things I think.

Someone's memory does not make them a good frontman.

Cheers

Stuart

i wouldnt think so since hes got the Brides Of Destruction as well and i cant really hear the celine dion influences there...

I thought the point was that you could like different genre's I like the beautifull South, Metallica, Dido, Def Leppard, Asia, tatu, Racine, Transvision Vamp, Wolfsbane, Iron Maiden, Marillion etc etc... liking one genre doesn't preclude you from liking another...

Cheers

Stuart

The singer in the Beautiful South reads his lyrics off sheets of paper on a music stand on stage, and when he's not singing he wanders off the stage. Hardly good frontman material is it?

Yeah it's not inconcievable that you might forget the words occaisionally. At least with Axl using an autocue it's out of sight of the audience......

The singer in the Beautiful South reads his lyrics off sheets of paper on a music stand on stage' date=' and when he's not singing he wanders off the stage. Hardly good frontman material is it?

Yeah it's not inconcievable that you might forget the words occaisionally. At least with Axl using an autocue it's out of sight of the audience......[/quote']

so? the beautiful south is more about a musical collective than focusing on paul heaton.

It doesn't make for a good gig though. There's nothing worse than watching an uninterested' date=' unengaging frontman even if the rest of the band are great.[/quote']

agreed but the beautiful south's crowd of dull middle aged estate agents and bank clerks (generalisation by the way....) hardly go to watch their heroes to see them leaping round the stage (though it would be funny), at the end of the day it depends on the band and the kind of music they are making and the kind of crowd they attract.

It doesn't make for a good gig though. There's nothing worse than watching an uninterested' date=' unengaging frontman even if the rest of the band are great.[/quote']

totally. del, you must have seen a number of battle of the bands entries at drummonds where the most exciting thing the singer did was take his jacket off or remove his hands from his pockets.

and as for the beautiful south vs motley crue, motley would win on attitude, sex appeal, excitement, catchiness, showmanship and ingenuity (flipping the drumkit upside down above the audience while tommy lee continued to play must be one of the most innovative ways to add to the stageshow ever achieved in rock.)

agreed but the beautiful south's crowd of dull middle aged estate agents and bank clerks (generalisation by the way....) hardly go to watch their heroes to see them leaping round the stage (though it would be funny)' date=' at the end of the day it depends on the band and the kind of music they are making and the kind of crowd they attract.[/quote']

middle aged estate agents, bank clerks and stuart you mean. ;)