aberdeen-music

Motley Fucking Crue Uk Tour!

medichi

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

motley crue were fucking ace. dont know what it would be like seeing them now though' date=' id say they would have been awesome to see live before, why is everyone here so against them,[/quote']

They never brought anything new to the genre and were a prime example of a band who were known not for their talent or skill but their lifestyle. They were adequate musicians, good showman but apart from that the music had no substance, they never brought anything to music and what's worse it's bnands like that who gave us the Darkness, for that alone they should all be shot ;)

Cheers

Stuart

motley crue were fucking ace. dont know what it would be like seeing them now though' date=' id say they would have been awesome to see live before, why is everyone here so against them,[/quote']

i'm not against them i find the whole thing laugable, teenagers on this board going 'woo hoo i'm so there' they were a joke first time round and would be a sadder joke this time round. sure they've got their fans and if the kids of today want to watch 50 year olds in spandex and wigs prancing round to songs that havent aged very well, thats their look out. i'd forgotten what fun it is taking the piss out of motley crue.

its so sad that yous seem against them because of that image, so what if they are amusing or funny or whatever, be a fucking good show, ok so they didnt bring anything new or they werent that great musicians or whatever but they are a good act and would have made a great performance before, not sure about now though but only one way to find out really

its so sad that yous seem against them because of that image' date=' so what if they are amusing or funny or whatever, be a fucking good show, ok so they didnt bring anything new or they werent that great musicians or whatever but they are a good act and would have made a great performance before, not sure about now though but only one way to find out really[/quote']

Nah, I'm against them because the music had nothing to it, it was poor music, it was typical 80's lets get laid music, nothing original or exciting about it, didn't they realise Van Halen and Aerosmith did the same thing so much better 10 years previously. If a band is remembered pretty much because of their excesses they probably weren't that great,. Led Zeppelin were far more excessive in their prime but are remembered as grreat musicians because they were, Motley Crue are remmebered as junkie pissheads because when you dig inwards thats all they were.

I can undertsand why people who were around at the time may have retro fond memories if they were 12ish first time round but for people who are into them now and are too young to remember them in their prime then they're trying to be cool in the new Darkness era.

The bands I listen to that were older and don't exist anymore i tend to have gotten into by checking the bands i do like and their influences, Motley Crue's music was hardly influential except to bands like the Darkness. I'm intrigued how many people here actually own much of their stuff and know much more than the one hit they had, hell even Hanson had more hits than Motley Crue. I'd guess that most people here like them cos its cool to amongst your peers.

Cheers

Stuart

Guest tv tanned

They were influential to more bands than the darkness, but you're right, you're abso-fucking-lutely right. What's the point in liking a band that influenced a band or bands that you enjoy if musical snobs are going to denigrate your decision to enjoy them by wading into a discussion and offering their opinions which nobody asked for?

And just cos they only had the one hit in the UK doesn't really mean shit.

Tom Petty only made the UK top 40 once, does that make him a musical irrelevance?

What's the point in liking a band that influenced a band or bands that you enjoy if musical snobs are going to denigrate your decision to enjoy them by wading into a discussion and offering their opinions which nobody asked for?

whats the point in this messageboard existing if you can't offer opinions nobody asks for? who is it i ask to give an opinion in this place for the record? ;)

And just cos they only had the one hit in the UK doesn't really mean shit

it means British people haven't got Van Gogh's ear for music ;)

They were influential to more bands than the darkness' date=' but you're right, you're abso-fucking-lutely right. What's the point in liking a band that influenced a band or bands that you enjoy if musical snobs are going to denigrate your decision to enjoy them by wading into a discussion and offering their opinions which nobody asked for?

Tom Petty only made the UK top 40 once, does that make him a musical irrelevance?[/quote']

Course I'm right ;)

I'm not a musical snob, I just think that everyone here is jumping on a bandwagon for a band that had nothing to offer first time round and will have less to offer this time round. Sorry I disagree with being into a band because they lived a rock and roll lifestyle and thats all they did. There was no interest in Motley Crue until they released 'The Dirt' if I recall they couldn't even get a record deal and all of a sudden they're cool, why, have they done something new ? Nope they did nothing, and as for them being a good live band, highly dubious I'd say, no different from any other band of the era, both Bon Jovi and Def Leppard blew them off the stage.

Cheers

Stuart

I'm intrigued how many people here actually own much of their stuff and know much more than the one hit they had' date=' hell even Hanson had more hits than Motley Crue. I'd guess that most people here like them cos its cool to amongst your peers.

[/quote']

whilst i respect your opinion yada yada yada i gotta argue this...motley crue had a heap of hits and sold a shiteload (technical term) of records back in their day....whilst it true if you asked the average guy with any knowledge of motley crue to name a song theyd probably say girls girls girls and not a whole lot else this doesnt take away the fact that the album dr feelgood (which doesnt have the above record on it) was a US number one and sold a bundle and had something like 5 or 6 succesful singles on it....and yes it does sound dated and yes they were a shallow imatation of better bands

there is a point somewhere here but reading it again it appears lost

and god its never been cool to like motley crue around my peers

They were influential to more bands than the darkness' date=' but you're right, you're abso-fucking-lutely right. What's the point in liking a band that influenced a band or bands that you enjoy if musical snobs are going to denigrate your decision to enjoy them by wading into a discussion and offering their opinions which nobody asked for?

Tom Petty only made the UK top 40 once, does that make him a musical irrelevance?[/quote']

bah i spilt me coffee laughing at that reply! why is it that people get so annoyed when opinions on worshipped bands are posted on what is after all supposed to me a 'music discussion' board? and don't bother using the age old arguement of using another artist as your arguement, its lazy and lame.

its got nowt to do with being a musical snob (another pitifully lame thing to post) considoring some of the posts are coming from a die hard marillion fan! alright i get your point, shall i start a new thread 'are motley crue shite?' so we can carry on the discussion?

Stuart' date=' not fancy addressing my petty analogy? :D[/quote']

One of my favourite singes is Ray Wilson, he only had one hit single, doesn't mean he isn't good or I don't like him, I'm just commenting on terms of musical relevance it would appear that Hanson made more of an impact than Motley Crue did on the general music buying populace in the UK, that was my comment.

I don't know much about Tom Petty, I do know a fair bit about Motley Crue, OK how many people here have seen them live ?

I have, guess what they were shit, a bunch of up themselves arseholes, rock's equivalent to Robbie Williams.

Sorry I have seen them, I have heard them and I can't believe anyone can deny the fact that the only reason people are suddenly flocking back are because of the Darkness and the book.

Yeah I have grit in my eye, is that the best you can do ?

Cheers

Stuart

imagine what they look like now?

Nikki Sixx is actually really fucking hot now that he's off the heroin once and for all, Vince Neil's a fat bastard, Tommy Lee doesn't look too bad either, and Mick Mars has always and will always look 800 years old.

To me, Motley songs still get my heart going and make me wanna get up and dance. A lot of the stuff they did in like 2001 is actually really good and sounds relevant today. Stuff like Afraid and Hell on High Heels.

But when someone says they'd rather see The Beautiful South than Motley, I know their opinion doesn't count in a Motley discussion. :p

Nikki Sixx is actually really fucking hot now that he's off the heroin once and for all' date=' Vince Neil's a fat bastard, Tommy Lee doesn't look too bad either, and Mick Mars has always and will always look 800 years old.

To me, Motley songs still get my heart going and make me wanna get up and dance. A lot of the stuff they did in like 2001 is actually really good and sounds relevant today. Stuff like Afraid and Hell on High Heels.

But when someone says they'd rather see The Beautiful South than Motley, I know their opinion doesn't count in a Motley discussion. :p[/quote']

you see thats more like it, a reasonable arguement in favour of the crue, shame it fell at the last hurdle with the reference to the beautiful south. not everyone's cup of tea granted but i think you'll find aforementioned beautiful south buff has every right to contribute to this discussion.

A lot of the stuff they did in like 2001 is actually really good and sounds relevant today. Stuff like Afraid and Hell on High Heels.

gotta agree with afraid...the song that got me into them those years ago

but never ever forget the direst song known to man...'brandon'

worst.....song......ever

:p