aberdeen-music

For today only, I wish I still lived in LA

Hardcore Mel

i do sorta like the album...when its good its VERY good....but...well when its bad its shit

doing it for the kids and sukertrain blues are ace...but the ballads are really just awful

havent heard the brides album...heard a couple of random tracks which are ok...but hell its nikki sixx the man can do no wrong (well he can...and has....a lot....but...well you know what i mean)

i do sorta like the album...when its good its VERY good....but...well when its bad its shit

doing it for the kids and sukertrain blues are ace...but the ballads are really just awful

havent heard the brides album...heard a couple of random tracks which are ok...but hell its nikki sixx the man can do no wrong (well he can...and has....a lot....but...well you know what i mean)

yeah power ballads they are not. a couple of the brides tracks are totally balls out rock n roll but as a whole, i'd say velvet revolver did a lot better with their debut.

Guest DustyDeviada

Sounds like an excellent opportunity to roll out my Velvet Revolver anecdote:

I picked up a cool new Les Paul Standard in LA while in August. For those not in the know, this is the guitar played by (among others) Slash. I got it safely across the Atlantic, and went to check in for the flight from Heathrow to Aberdeen. Who was standing in front of me in the queue? Slash and others out of Velvet Revolver

I'm not normally the kind of guy who hassles rock stars in airport departure lounges, but how often are you going to find yourself standing with a Les Paul Standard with one of the most famous Les Paul Standard players?

Fortunately the newsagent at airport had marker pens for sale, so I bought one and asked Slash to sign the scratchplate. He was a bit bemused at first, and asked why I had a Les Paul scratchplate at an airport departure lounge. I explained that I'd just bought a Les Paul in LA. So he signed the scratchplate and we chatted about guitars for a few minutes. He was a really cool guy!

If anybody's interested I've got pics of the guitar and the scratchplate, but I don't know how to post them on here. Or why not come along and see the beast in action at the next Deviadas gig? ;)

Guest tv tanned
I picked up a cool new Les Paul Standard in LA while in August.

A very cool story, and pardon my pedantry, but should the LA and August not be the other way around there? Or were you merely visiting the month?

:D

Sounds like an excellent opportunity to roll out my Velvet Revolver anecdote:

I picked up a cool new Les Paul Standard in LA while in August. For those not in the know' date=' this is the guitar played by (among others) Slash. I got it safely across the Atlantic, and went to check in for the flight from Heathrow to Aberdeen. Who was standing in front of me in the queue? Slash and others out of Velvet Revolver

I'm not normally the kind of guy who hassles rock stars in airport departure lounges, but how often are you going to find yourself standing with a Les Paul Standard with one of the most famous Les Paul Standard players?

Fortunately the newsagent at airport had marker pens for sale, so I bought one and asked Slash to sign the scratchplate. He was a bit bemused at first, and asked why I had a Les Paul scratchplate at an airport departure lounge. I explained that I'd just bought a Les Paul in LA. So he signed the scratchplate and we chatted about guitars for a few minutes. He was a really cool guy!

If anybody's interested I've got pics of the guitar and the scratchplate, but I don't know how to post them on here. Or why not come along and see the beast in action at the next Deviadas gig? ;)[/quote']

holy sweet shit! if jimmy lucifer could only see this post he'd promptly weep three shits, one for you merely having a Les Paul Standard, one for you bumping into Slash and one for you having a signed Les Paul scratchplate.

Guest DustyDeviada
I think councillors get too much money... :D

To be fair I haven't actually paid for it yet... strictly speaking it's probably the property of the good people at Visa, and will be for some time!