aberdeen-music

Blind Gaurdian

Tav

Guest Scorge Spike

Most of you know I'm a huge Guardian fan, and that's thanks to Doc M. for telling me to download 'Valhalla' on MSN about three years ago. 'Follow The Blind' is my choice of album, but 'Tales From The Twilight World' and 'Nightfall On Middle Earth' are both great purchases. Expect to see a Guardian cover or two being done live in Aberdeen soon (though not from the mighty Atom :D)..........

Aw a Blind Guardian thread in the Black Atom forums! Ace

Yeh, Blind Guardian are one of the best bands you're ever likely to see, "Nightfall in Middle-earth" is one holy hell of an album, also see: "Imaginations from the Otherside" and "A Night at the Opera". Epic masterpieces.

They have just released a DVD which was out in the rest of Europe in July I think but I cant get a hold of it ANYwhere. I'm just waiting for the day they do a gig in UK now....although I believe the guitarist Marcus has broken his leg.

http://www.the-following.com/page.php?show=welcome is a pretty good website concerning all things 'Guardian...go there

I feel like changing back to my Hansi avatar now.

With my hand on my thoroughly metal heart, I can say that I wasn't that taken by what I heard coming out of Rass' computer speakers when I heard B.G. However, if you wish to be impressed, try checking out Pain of Salvation. There Swedish and have a similar arrangement style to Opeth except not quite so heavy. They've just released their fifth studio album and their singer/guitarist/keyboardist/songwriter Daniel Gildenlow is an immense talent. I let Mac and Dan hear some of their stuff and neither of them punched me in the groin as a result.

Guest Scorge Spike

Pain Of Salvation are quite adept, but I have yet to hear anything by them that's given me a proverbial hard on. Unlike playing 'Lost In The Twlight Hall' by Guardian, which stirs my groin everytime. <falsetto>Metaaaaaaaaaaaal!</falsetto>

Unlike playing 'Lost In The Twlight Hall' by Guardian' date=' which stirs my groin everytime. <falsetto>Metaaaaaaaaaaaal!</falsetto>[/quote']

It's that song Scorge told me to get. Although I've only heard it and "Lord Of The Rings" I really enjoyed both...cheesy or not.

Pain Of Salvation are quite adept' date=' but I have yet to hear anything by them that's given me a proverbial hard on. Unlike playing 'Lost In The Twlight Hall' by Guardian, which stirs my groin everytime. <falsetto>Metaaaaaaaaaaaal!</falsetto>[/quote']

P.O.S. are definitely at the more progressive end of metal but there is so much diversity within their music. Maybe I haven't heard enough B.G to fully appreciate them or maybe Scorge is more metal than me!

Guest Scorge Spike
Maybe I haven't heard enough B.G to fully appreciate them or maybe Scorge is more metal than me!

I'd say the former, I'd have trouble outdoing you on the latter ;). Besides, by the time me and Doc have finished with Airbag Stew on Thurdsay night, he'll be raving about the delights of Guardian until the cows come home (whether he can sing it or not :D).

Oh, Dayeth, I have a copy of that DVD. It's really good, worth hunting down. :up:

Oh' date=' Dayeth, I have a copy of that DVD. It's really good, worth hunting down. :up:[/quote']

Where? how? whow!? There are a few on Ebay, but are all from USA.

I have found one thing, and am seriuosly considering the purchase of this Blind Guardian truck

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=13284&item=6122477512&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

I'll keep the rinnnngg, i'll keep the ring, i'll keep the ring I'LL KEEP THE RINNNNGGGGG!!!!!

Yeah - Lost in the Twilight Hall will have a similar effect that the brown sound does when we play it - the only difference is there shall be cream in the pants instead of poop!

<Kai Hansen>but i cannnnooott FIIIIIIIIIIIIYYYYYYYYYNNNDDDDDDD!!!!!</Kai Hansen>