aberdeen-music

The music scene

kitteh

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think that's funny?

Just wait until the Nirvana-ites figure out I called their band a kiddies power pop band' date=' you'll see some funny stuff then.[/quote']

aye they'll all start jumping up and down on you! plus i'm sure the parents will put the boot in an all!

So why dont you see a more adult audience at their gigs?

Face it you have nothing to go on.

Because people in general tend to listen to the bands of their generation and/or artists that sound comparable to them. Face it, you're speaking shite.

Because people in general tend to listen to the bands of their generation and/or artists that sound comparable to them. Face it' date=' you're speaking shite.[/quote']

Yet more utter crap, is that why my dad listens to bands like poison the well, tool, weezer, porcupine tree, aereogramme. He looked at your post and laughed.

There are no age limits in music, you are way too stupid to realise that.

Hell i even seen a oap at the less than jake gig sitting at the top, you look so stupid now.

Think before you talk shit please

Yet more utter crap' date=' is that why my dad listens to bands like poison the well, tool, weezer, porcupine tree, aereogramme. He looked at your post and laughed.

There are no age limits in music, you are way too stupid to realise that.

Hell i even seen a oap at the less than jake gig sitting at the top, you look so stupid now.

Think before you talk shit please[/quote']

How you can use "kiddies pop band" as a derogatory term when you went to see Less Than Jake? They are far more poppy and probably appeal to younger audiences than MMw. Less Than Jake are also a much bigger band, so they're bound to have fans spread across a wider demographic because more people will have heard of them.

This is all pie in the sky anyway. If as you state, the kind of band you are cannot define your audience, how can your audience define your band? You're arguing with yourself and it's nonsensical.

And one other point, in future, when someone says "people in general" it doesn't mean your dad. I'm sure however, he's glad to know what you think of him.

Guest stuartmaxwell

this is a funny thread

mmw always end up getting the brunt of the attention in these threads

jamesy and ben etc must be laughing all the way with all of this attention they are getting

How you can use "kiddies pop band" as a derogatory term when you went to see Less Than Jake? They are far more poppy and probably appeal to younger audiences than MMw. Less Than Jake are also a much bigger band' date=' so they're bound to have fans spread across a wider demographic because more people will have heard of them.

This is all pie in the sky anyway. If as you state, the kind of band you are cannot define your audience, how can your audience define your band? You're arguing with yourself and it's nonsensical.

And one other point, in future, when someone says "people in general" it doesn't mean your dad. I'm sure however, he's glad to know what you think of him.[/quote']

Yeah i went to see less than jake, it was a phase nothing more nothing less, everyone goes through that. They do add something new musically to the scene anyhow with the variation of instruments they play.

Why state that less than jake have a wider range and then state older people listen to their own generation of music? You are going round in circles. There are people out there who listen to different genres irelevant of age of genre why cant you see that?

Not everyone has musical boundaries you know. Free you mind and stop being an opionated musical fascist.

Just get over it, its fact that your audience is a younger generation, ive been witness to that twice. So my statement about mmw being a kiddies pop band is fact.

Why state that less than jake have a wider range and then state older people listen to their own generation of music? You are going round in circles.

What you are saying might make sense if I had said' date=' "People listen to their own generation's music". I said "people [i']in general [meaning not everyone] tend to [meaning it's not always the rule] listen to the bands of their generation and/or artists that sound comparable to them."

There are people out there who listen to different genres irelevant of age of genre why cant you see that?

Not everyone has musical boundaries you know. Free you mind and stop being an opionated musical fascist.

I have a better question: Why can't you see that I already see that? Free my mind? My mind is already free' date=' the only difference is that I haven't allowed mine to fly out the window.

Just get over it, its fact that your audience is a younger generation, ive been witness to that twice. So my statement about mmw being a kiddies pop band is fact

1. I'm not in My Minds Weapon.

2. My Minds Weapon are nothing like a pop band.

3. If it is a fact that MMw have a younger audience this, by your own rules, cannot define their genre. You see a young audience, you describe the band as kiddies pop, yet I quote you in saying, "There are people out there who listen to different genres irelevant of age".

3. This must mean it's not a fact.

4. By your own rules "kiddies pop" cannot be a reasonable description of music as people of all ages listen to pop.

What you are saying might make sense if I had said' date=' "People listen to their own generation's music". I said "people [i']in general [meaning not everyone] tend to [meaning it's not always the rule] listen to the bands of their generation and/or artists that sound comparable to them."

I have a better question: Why can't you see that I already see that? Free my mind? My mind is already free, the only difference is that I haven't allowed mine to fly out the window.

1. I'm not in My Minds Weapon.

2. My Minds Weapon are nothing like a pop band.

3. If it is a fact that MMw have a younger audience this, by your own rules, cannot define their genre. You see a young audience, you describe the band as kiddies pop, yet I quote you in saying, "There are people out there who listen to different genres irelevant of age".

3. This must mean it's not a fact.

4. By your own rules "kiddies pop" cannot be a reasonable description of music as people of all ages listen to pop.

So how many genres do you listen to?

Didnt say you where in mmw. So the audience for mmw defines all bands? No.

So how many genres do you listen to?

Didnt say you where in mmw. So the audience for mmw defines all bands? No.

I listen to "kiddies pop"' date=' "disaffected teenager punk", "mid-life crisis jazz" and "old man smoking a pipe folk".

You did say I was in MMw. It's no wonder you don't know what I said when you don't know what you said.

Let's clear this up.

"Just get over it, its fact that your audience [you are addressing me, so when you say [i']your audience you are referring to my audience i.e. the audience belonging to Bob] is a younger generation, ive been witness to that twice. [post #111 "At johnny truant and another time at kef"] So my statement about mmw being a kiddies pop band is fact."

To repeat the conclusion - you think I am in My Mind's Weapon. I'm presuming you now realise I'm not.

The audience for MMw either defines MMw or it doesn't. You think it does (kiddies pop) but on the other hand you don't think an audience can't be defined by the band. These two opinions are diametrically opposed.

This is my opinion which, although not black and white in its simplicity, has remained constant:

The audience for MMw defines at the very most MMw, and no-one else. The audience they receive is exactly because of the band they are, a band which (although not kiddies pop) may appeal to a younger generation of fans. Why might this be? Perhaps they understand MMw's messages or relate to them in a way which an older generation could not. It is true that music can transcend any boundry but very few artists transend them all, or with huge success. Perhaps the older generation has yet to hear My Mind's Weapon, perhaps they have and just don't, or won't get it. Whatever the case, they are not "kiddies pop".

Define a "scener" for me then.

And are you saying that only "sceners" listen to MMW??

As was said before they must be loving this they get more press and attention on these boards than anyother band big time or not.

Someone who is attention seeking and wants to be trendy with his/her piers.

So you would deny that mmw isnt for people who are sceners?

I would put mmw in the scener bracket

Depends whether you mean that double negative or not. Anyway, you're now drifting into a whole other issue.

Emo is talentless fad. It's way too limited musically. Anyone who knows real music with real musicians will recognise this. I'd bet anyone who listens to emo doesn't have a clue about what real music is.

it's way too easy to jump on the bandwagon and become fashionable by listening to this musical fad' date=' its even harder for people these days to like real bands that aren't a part of this fucking scener trend[/quote']

And you have musical talent enough to define what actual musical talent is.......*ponders*

For the record I listen to emo/post hardcore/screamo/.......insert your own-core music myself, but it wasn't what I used to listen to, and I don't just listen to the above, I listen to bands that I find talented and PERSONALY enjoy. Most people will listen to music based on personal taste, there are a few who will do something because its trendy, but ultimately its down to your choice what you do, and let no MAN judge you. Spend your time enjoying your own music without bitching about music you dislike (especially since you don't even bover to add constructive criticism.)

Martin x

And you have musical talent enough to define what actual musical talent is.......*ponders*

For the record I listen to emo/post hardcore/screamo/.......insert your own-core music myself' date=' but it wasn't what I used to listen to, and I don't just listen to the above, I listen to bands that I find talented and PERSONALY enjoy. Most people will listen to music based on personal taste, there are a few who will do something because its trendy, but ultimately its down to your choice what you do, and let no MAN judge you. Spend your time enjoying your own music without bitching about music you dislike (especially since you don't even bover to add constructive criticism.)

Martin x[/quote']

Fucking right.

The best post on this forum ever i think.

For the record I listen to emo/post hardcore/screamo/.......insert your own-core music myself' date=' but it wasn't what I used to listen to, and I don't just listen to the above, I listen to bands that I find talented and PERSONALY enjoy. Most people will listen to music based on personal taste, there are a few who will do something because its trendy, but ultimately its down to your choice what you do, and let no MAN judge you. Spend your time enjoying your own music without bitching about music you dislike (especially since you don't even bover to add constructive criticism.)

Martin x[/quote']

Why yes, i do know what talent is, why do you think there are so many emo bands that sound the same? Heard one heard most of them. Personal taste or trying to be part of the scene culture? Do you listen to bands that people frown on and tend to shun? I do. Alot of my bands go against the mainstream grain, do any of yours? Your taste in genres seem to comform to the mainstream crowd. Musically the genres you have listed are very similar.

Dont you get bored with the same sound?

Yet you state few do it to be trendy, what about the people who go to see support bands then leave before the main act? Happens all the time in aberdeen. Just because these people can be trendy with their pals.