aberdeen-music

Devin Townsend? opinions? (dont say a thing Jake)

Hog

What do you think of him? Mad man? Crazy Genius? Shit ? God?

IMHO I think hes ace but yall know that!

I've been listening to a bit more of his stuff recently, I think Strapping yong Lad are my favourite Townsend venture, heavy as fuck and some great vocals. I can't really get my head around the "Devin Townsend" solo stuff (except Bad Devil), its pretty unique but it doesn't do much for me, I think it gets far too cluttered with layers of vocals and weird things at times. I'm quite partial to "Canada" though. I downloaded some "Physicist" stuff recently, but didn't really get into that much, I'll give it another go though.

On the whole I think he has his moments, and when they come its just immense, but there's not a whole lot else going on as far as I can see yet, I will give his stuff more attention in the future though and see if it grows on me.

If we're talking Gods....its Hetfield and Akerfeldt for me

You need to get Accelerated Evolution by the Devin Townsend Band. I think you might dig that. Not so over the top production just lots of good songs.

Strapping Young Lad are ace. I speak on MSN to a guy who is doing the sound on the new album, he says it is really extreme but with big choruses, ace!

Guest Jake Wifebeater

I might have fucking known. When I've been listening to you raving about him for the last three or four fucking years, it gets just a TINY bit boring. You really over-rate him, mate. The stuff he does is OK, but certainly nowt to get excited about. Oh, I've also noticed that when you post threads about him, you get maybe two or three replies! Enough said.

I might have fucking known. When I've been listening to you raving about him for the last three or four fucking years' date=' it gets just a TINY bit boring. You really over-rate him, mate. The stuff he does is OK, but certainly nowt to get excited about. Oh, I've also noticed that when you post threads about him, you get maybe two or three replies! Enough said.[/quote']

All the best bands get millions of posts because they are so popular......

Hes a genius and your wrong :up:

Guest Jake Wifebeater

One of these days the harsh reality will dawn on you that I am not particularly interested in Devin Townsend's stuff. I realise that this is a rather difficult process of acceptance on your part but I remain optimistic that the penny will drop. You enjoy him.

One of these days the harsh reality will dawn on you that I am not particularly interested in Devin Townsend's stuff. I realise that this is a rather difficult process of acceptance on your part but I remain optimistic that the penny will drop. You enjoy him.

Im not fussed if your interested or not interested in Devin Townsends music. Why ask a man what he thinks about a metal/rock/ambient artist when he listens to nothing but punk and noise. Its like asking Charlotte Church who her favourite member is from Fear of God :rolleyes:

Re-read the title of this thread

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Why ask a man what he thinks about a metal/rock/ambient artist when he listens to nothing but punk and noise. Its like asking Charlotte Church who her favourite member is from Fear of God :rolleyes:

Re-read the title of this thread

The title of this thread refers to Mr. D. Townsend and your request for opinions relating to same, which were provided. As you full well know, the hirsute reptilious one listens to more than punk and noise. Oh, and another thing, Charlotte told me that her favourite member of F.O.G. was Dave Phillips, the Welshman who was the bass playor.

P.S. I still love you, baldy.

I can't sand Steve Vai and the G3 and all that jazz.

I also dislike prog rock and space metal or whatever you want to call it.

However Strapping Young Lad and DT with Gene Hoglan on drums was immence in Glasgow Cathouse a few years ago. Godflesh were the support and they were soooper!

Went to see Godflesh as opposed to DT..

I can't sand Steve Vai and the G3 and all that jazz.

I also dislike prog rock and space metal or whatever you want to call it.

However Strapping Young Lad and DT with Gene Hoglan on drums was immence in Glasgow Cathouse a few years ago. Godflesh were the support and they were soooper!

Went to see Godflesh as opposed to DT..

I was at that gig! It was ace.

Dev was simply the vocalist for Vai. Vai wrote those shitty songs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...