aberdeen-music

Favourite quote/statement by a band or artist?

Swingin' Ryan

Whilst browsing a few music sites recently I came across this little beauty, it's a press release from the Manic Street Preachers that they mailed to the music press across the country in 1991.

"In mundane 1991 we look like nothing else on Earth. A car bomb kiss-off to The Face. Politics and adolescent cheap sex. Fuck the rotten edifice of Manchester. Too safe in dressing like a bricklayer. Too boring. Too macho, males afraid of themselves. That's why we look up to the images of Kylie and The Supremes and not bald-fat-ugly-glutton-filth Inspiral Carpets... They make us vomit.'

It's over the top and slightly hypocritical since they've given a good few interviews to The Face, but it's got big dangling balls.

What are your favourite quotes from the realms of music?

haha' date=' i read the quote before reading who said it, and i was thinking "must be the manics" and it was..

oh dear :( have you seen the new video, by the way?[/quote']

Only the Manics could claim to look like "nothing else on Earth".

I haven't seen the new video, but I have a feeling it's going to involve lot's of plain walls, white outfits and other generally "arty" things.

They're still writing the odd good tune, all they're post-richey albums have had a couple of stormers on them, but they're just so dreary now, which is a shame,but I've heard a few interviews recently and they seem to be really enjoying it, at least James has still got a sense of humour. The other two are getting more and more grim as the albums appear.

haha' date=' i read the quote before reading who said it, and i was thinking "must be the manics" and it was..

oh dear :( have you seen the new video, by the way?[/quote']

It's an awesome video. Type2error only make awesome videos.

I need to go find an equally good Manics quote now. No the video is lots of clips of Nixon spliced up in type2error's trademark fashion with clips of the manics in Nixon masks and sitting behind a presidential desk with bradders singing the song like an address to the nation.

http://www.revol.dk/tlorn_video.zip < the video's there. I really like it, the video adds a certain charm I think...the song is good, it's radio friendly and all the rest of it, but it's a shame that the rest of lifeblood sucks :(

which reminds me, i must go and be a harsh dictator on the official manics site again, they just can't stand moderation across there :D