aberdeen-music

Babyshambles Play Aberdeen Tomorrow... (friday)

Guest killamangiro

I thought The Forum was putting on the Magic Band' date=' as well as Soul Asylum or whatever the Committments from Abeen are called?[/quote']

I think they're just getting away from more rock or indie gigs that's all.

Must be all us lairy Biffy Clyro fans (I got my lip burst twice at the last gig and had to wander about bleeding on my yellow/orange t-shirt) :p

Guest killamangiro
He wont be back. If nothing else none of the venues will put him on' date=' hes already proved hes not fit to perform.[/quote']

well considering he played the night before and is tonight(holding my breathe) i'd say you're wrong, but i'd say 'aye, he is over doing it, i mean 18 gigs in 19 days, coming straight from newcastle to aberdeen, cannae be good for someone as troubled as he'

bands that have been more fucked up on drugs then pete is have managed to pull it together to do world tours, and still be out their faces on drugs. Pete is just playing up to the press image of him, to increase the hype surrounding him, just like the Gallagher's were when they were challenging everyone to fights.

well considering he played the night before and is tonight(holding my breathe) i'd say you're wrong' date=' but i'd say 'aye, he is over doing it, i mean 18 gigs in 19 days, coming straight from newcastle to aberdeen, cannae be good for someone as troubled as he'[/quote']

He should stop then until he can be sure he can actually fufill these dates then instead of just playing some of them and being to fucked on smack the rest of the time.

At the same time i do agree with mattjimf looks like hes using it to get attention as much as anything. As has been said there have been bands worse than him that have just got on with it.

bands that have been more fucked up on drugs then pete is have managed to pull it together to do world tours' date=' and still be out their faces on drugs. Pete is just playing up to the press image of him, to increase the hype surrounding him, just like the Gallagher's were when they were challenging everyone to fights.[/quote']

what are you on about, are you his drugs councillor or something? what bands are you talking about?

never heard any of his stuff' date=' and only know who he is through his antics being in the papers. Motley crue, areosmith, guns n roses, ozzy osbourne off the top of my head, sure there are loads more.[/quote']

i'm sure some of those bands have cancelled bigger (not that it makes any difference) shows than the aberdeen gig last night for similar speculated reasons.

weren't the magic band meant to play the lemon tree a while ago but never? sex pest sidca saw them in edinburgh recently, i remember him posting about it.

well considering he played the night before and is tonight(holding my breathe) i'd say you're wrong' date=' but i'd say 'aye, he is over doing it, i mean 18 gigs in 19 days, coming straight from newcastle to aberdeen, cannae be good for someone as troubled as he'[/quote']

Do you think poor little Pete has to drive the tour bus or just sit about smacking up while the person paid to drive it does his job?

18 gigs in 19 days isn't even scary for a tour with a tourbus, backline techs etc. The band have to do about 2 hours work a day.

Man I'm gonna get pissed phone calls from the people I phoned tonight to tell them that the gig was definitely on tomorrow night :moody:

Just tell them that the police banned it, that'll make you seem so cool and connected cos you knew that and it's perfectly believable.

If they read somewhere else that there was a different reason just tap your nose and nod knowingly, whilst muttering something along the lines of "that's what they want you to think".

I

• 3 weeks later...
Guest killamangiro
Just wondering' date=' is Alan Mcgee still Pete's manager, or has he got someone even more publicity hungry to pull his strings?[/quote']

still peters manager, yup.

Just tell them that the police banned it' date=' that'll make you seem so cool and connected cos you knew that and it's perfectly believable.

If they read somewhere else that there was a different reason just tap your nose and nod knowingly, whilst muttering something along the lines of "that's what they want you to think".

I[/quote']

Haha now thats funny.